World Crown is the fourth Special World and the twelfth and final world overall in Super Mario 3D World. It is unlocked after every Green Power Star and Stamp from the previous eleven worlds are collected, as well as getting the Gold Flag by reaching the top of the Goal Pole for every level. It takes place in the farthest reaches of space, with Lumas and Star Bits floating about.
Its shape is based on its name, as the world resembles a golden crown.
In スーパーマリオ3Dワールドオフィシャルガイド！It says only the greatest players will find this planet. (Roughly Translated)
The final course in Super Mario 3D World.
The final Mystery House in Super Mario 3D World, with 30 Green Stars and a Stamp.
- Once you reach World Crown, the Course Lists for all Worlds, as well as the collected collectible preview for a stage in the overworld, gets updated to show off which characters have completed which courses, which helps with unlocking the "Clear Every Course with [X character]" Character Portrait Stamps.
- Champion's Road and Mystery House Marathon count towards this requirement as well, with standard exception with Captain Toad's Fiery Finale.
- The music played in World Crown is the theme of the Comet Observatory after its complete restoration from Super Mario Galaxy.
- This is the only World that features Stamps in every stage.
- World Crown is the smallest world in the game, and the only one to have both a Captain Toad Course and a Mystery House.