World Bowser is the eighth and final overworld of Super Mario 3D World, coming after World 7. It is a large amusement park built in the likeness of Bowser. Unlike its predecessors, this world is not ruled by the Sprixie Princesses at all. There is a volcano in the back, and it sits high above the main map. World Bowser contains eight standard courses, two Boss Arenas, a Mystery House, a Toad House, and Bowser's Castle. The world is powered by the Sprixie Princesses, who are liberated when the world is completed.
- Pom Pom (Encountered in the world's train level, titled The Bowser Express)
- Motley Bossblob (Can be encountered in the second boss stage, Motley Bossblob's Encore.)
- Queen Hisstocrat (Found in Hisstocrat Returns.)
- Meowser (Encountered in the game's final level, The Great Tower of Bowser Land)
This world is the only Story Mode world without an Enemy Blockade.
- World Bowser-1: Spiky Spike Bridge
- World Bowser-2: Plessie's Dune Downhill
- World Bowser-3: Cookie Cogworks
- World Bowser-Train: The Bowser Express
- World Bowser-4: Footlight Lane
- World Bowser-5: Deepwater Dungeon
- World Bowser-6: A Beam in the Dark
- World Bowser-7: Grumblump Inferno
- World Bowser-A: Motley Boss Blob's Encore
- World Bowser-B: Hisstocrat Returns
- World Bowser-Castle: The Great Tower of Bowser Land
- World Bowser-Mystery House: Mystery House Claw Climb
- This is the only mandatory world that does not have a number, though unofficially, it is known as World 8.