The player begins on a short stretch of land, where they will find two ? Blocks. Following this is a gap followed by some stone stairs. Here, a Lakitu will appear and begin tossing down Spinies. There are two Brick Blocks here; the left one holds a power-up. In the following Brick Block formation, the one on the right is a Coin Block. Two sets of stone stairs lie across some gaps; the second one is broken with a floating platform.
The player will then find two rows of Brick Blocks. To the right of the stone stairs, which sit underneath the top row of blocks, is a Hidden Block containing a 1-Up Mushroom. Following the pipe containing a Piranha Plant are two Hidden Blocks stacked above the hill in the background. The player can use them to defeat the Lakitu that appears here, assuming the the player defeated the first Lakitu. The left ? Block further up holds another power-up. The Brick Block on the right, of the middle row up ahead, is another Coin Block. Following the stone stairs and a stone pillar is the flagpole.
Challenges in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Red Coin locations
- Red Coin #1 is located under the floating set of stone stairs.
- Red Coin #2 is located inside a new Coin Block, in the left Brick Block of the bottom row where the 1-Up Mushroom is located.
- Red Coin #3 is located to the right of the top Hidden Block, following the pipe.
- Red Coin #4 is located to the right of the second set of ? Blocks.
- Red Coin #5 is located inside the Coin Block, near the end of the course.
Yoshi Egg location
- The Yoshi Egg is found inside a Hidden Block above the castle at the beginning. The player must jump to reveal Hidden Blocks located to the right of each floor of the castle.
|Characters||Protagonists||Mario • Luigi|
|Supporting characters||Bowser • Fake Bowser|
|Supporting characters||Princess Toadstool • Mushroom Retainer|
|Enemies||Enemies||Blooper • Bullet Bill • Buzzy Beetle • Cheep-Cheep • Firebar • Goomba • Hammer Bro. • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Lakitu • Piranha Plant • Podoboo • Spiny|
|Items||Items||1 up Mushroom • Coin • Fire Flower • Magic Mushroom • Starman • Poisonous Mushroom|
|Worlds||World 1||World 1-1 • World 1-2 • World 1-3 • World 1-4|
|World 2||World 2-1 • World 2-2 • World 2-3 • World 2-4|
|World 3||World 3-1 • World 3-2 • World 3-3 • World 3-4|
|World 4||World 4-1 • World 4-2 • World 4-3 • World 4-4|
|World 5||World 5-1 • World 5-2 • World 5-3 • World 5-4|
|World 6||World 6-1 • World 6-2 • World 6-3 • World 6-4|
|World 7||World 7-1 • World 7-2 • World 7-3 • World 7-4|
|World 8||World 8-1 • World 8-2 • World 8-3 • World 8-4|