This level has many Pokeys, and there is also a Yoshi in this level. The Pokeys turn into a fruit-like variant with the beat of the music, allowing the Yoshi to eat them completely.
At the beginning of the stage there are various Pokeys and Sand Geysers. There is one particular ? Block with a Yoshi Egg in it. Lakitu also makes an appearance here and throws Spinies, which can easily make the player's Yoshi fall in the quicksand. Later on, a Lakitu appears which makes getting the first Star Coin much easier. There are two yellow bricks towards the middle just left of the midway point. Falling between them leads the player to a secret cave containing the second Star Coin. Towards the end, five Pokeys are on the yellow bricks above quicksand, followed by two more Pokeys and the flagpole.
- Green Koopa Paratroopas - 2
- Lakitu - infinite
- Piranha Plants - 5
- Pokeys - 11
- Red Koopa Paratroopas - 2
- Red Koopa Troopas - 3
- Spinies - infinitely spawn from Lakitu
- Super Piranha Plants - 1
- Venus Fire Traps - 2
- Star Coin 1: The first Star Coin is floating high-up in the area where the first Lakitu appears, and is concealed by Clouds. Mario and co. can obtain it either by dismounting Yoshi while in midair, or by commandeering Lakitu's cloud.
- Star Coin 2: Shortly before the midway point, there is a Piranha Plant resting between two yellow platforms. Mario and co. should kill the Piranha Plant, go to where it was positioned, then fall under the yellow platform on the right. This leads to a dark area with another Piranha Plant, a Venus Fire Trap, a Glow Block, and several more yellow platforms. Mario and co. should climb all the way up the platforms to get the second Star Coin high-up in the middle while being cautious for the Piranha Plants.
- Star Coin 3: Shortly before the flagpole, the third Star Coin is floating high-up in the air, out of sight. Mario and co. should steal a Lakitu's cloud and use it to fly up to the Star Coin.