The white model of the Wii U.
|Type||Video Game Console|
|Released||November 18, 2012|
|Inputs||Wii Remote, Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Balance Board|
The Wii U has a new controller with a screen on it. This controller, much like the DS and 3DS, is touch screen. To add on to this, the game can still be played without the TV needed. This new controller also can be used to see a different view of the game. With this new controller, five people can now play a multiplayer game of that sort (four with Wii Remotes and one with the new controller).
Unlike the Wii, this system does not have backwards compatibility with the Nintendo GameCube, and only to the Wii itself. However, games are still downloadable from the Shop Channel.
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Super Mario 3D World
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Dr. Luigi (downloadable only)
- Mario Kart 8
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
- Mario Party 10
- Super Mario Maker
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
- Paper Mario: Color Splash