A Toopa Striker is a Koopa Troopa, a Koopa Troop member. The Toopa Striker strongly resemble the Koopa Striker. However, it wears a green-and-yellow striped T shirt, green-and-white striped shoes, and yellow shorts. Its shell is reminiscent to the soccer ball.
In gameplay, Toopa Strikers are found in The Bitlands. Two Toopa Strikers ambushes the player. Toopa Strikers cooperate to target the player. The Toopa Striker performs tricky moves.[note 1] The player can counter the shell towards the Toopa Striker. The player can stomp the Toopa Striker; it will hide in its shell, the player or another Toopa Striker can kick the shell. Toopa Strikers can flip dimensions.
Toopa Striker derives from Koopa Striker. The Japanese name, Tsuinshūtā translates to twin shooter. Twin derives from twi meaning two. A twin is one of two children born to the same mother at almost the same time. This implies two Toopa Strikers as twins.
|The Bitlands (3-1)|
- ↑ The Toopa Striker will do the following moves:
- The enemy kicks the shell, sliding on the ground.
- The enemy kicks the shell upwards.
- It may be the same height as the enemy or higher.
- Their eyes flash before kicking the shell. The shell will slide on the ground with flames. It has a short range.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Intelligent Systems, Nintendo SPD Group No.3. Super Paper Mario. Nintendo. 2007-04-09. Speaker: Tippi. Quote source: The Bitlands. “This is a Toopa Striker. These Koopas display brilliant teamwork… Max HP is 8, Attack is 2, and Defense is 1. They always go for the assist… They spend all their time together just to build their team chemistry…”
- ↑ Intelligent Systems, Nintendo SPD Group No.3. Super Paper Mario. Nintendo. 2007-04-09.Quote source: Toopa Striker's Catch Card description. “Max HP: 8, Attack: 2, Defense: 1. Toopa Strikers are true team players. Watch out for the no-look shell-to-face assists!”
- Toopa Striker on Paper Mario Wiki.
- Toopa Striker on Super Mario Wiki.
- Toopa Striker on StrategyWiki.