Super Smash Bros. (ニンテンドウオールスター! 大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ Nintendō Ōrusutā! Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu, lit. Nintendo All-Star! Great Fray Smash Brothers), often shortened to SSB (Smash 64, SSB64, Super Smash Bros. 64), was the first in the series of five fighter games starring most of Nintendo's All Stars. It was released on the Nintendo 64 by Hal Laboratory. It is also available through the Wii Virtual Console.
There are twelve characters in Super Smash Bros., eight are starter characters, and four are unlockable.
- Captain Falcon (C. Falcon is earned when Single Player is beaten in under 20 mins.)
- Jigglypuff (For Jigglypuff, beat 1 player mode with any character.)
- Luigi (To get Luigi, beat Bonus Practice 1 with the 8 original characters.)
- Ness (In order to get Ness, you must beat 1 player on normal with 3 lives.)
- The other unlockable is Sound Test; which is earned by beating both Bonus Practices with all the characters.
The playable stages in Super Smash Bros. are:
- Peach's Castle
- Congo Jungle
- Hyrule Castle
- Planet Zebes
- Yoshi's Island
- Dream Land
- Sector Z
- Saffron City
- Super Smash Bros. was supposed to be called Kakuto-Gēmu Ryūō (Dragon King: The Fighting Game) and featured colored versions of The Fighting Polygon Team not shaped like Nintendo characters.
|Dr. Mario 64 (2001) • Mario Golf (1999) • Mario Kart 64 (1996) • Mario Party (1998) • Mario Party 2 (1999) • Mario Party 3 (2000) • Mario Tennis (2000) • Paper Mario (2000) • Super Mario 64 (1996) • Super Smash Bros. (1999) • Yoshi's Story (1997)|