Super Mario Advance (スーパーマリオアドバンス Super Mario Advance?) is a remake of the North American version of Super Mario Bros. 2 using the Super Mario All-Stars engine, It was released for the Game Boy Advance as a flagship launch title in 2001. In the game, players choose between Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad and go through the world of Subcon.
Changes from original
- Princess Toadstool is referred to as Peach.
- Most characters has their dialogue lines.
- The arcade game Mario Bros. has been re-made to play.
- The boss of World 3 is Robirdo instead of Mouser.
- A new multiplayer mode based on Mario Bros. was made to use the Game Boy Advance's new 4 player Link cable connection.
The player can start the game by choosing "Single Player" or "Multiplayer".
In Single Player mode, the player can choose between Super Mario Bros. 2 or Mario Bros.. The player can choose a file after choosing Super Mario Bros. 2. The player can choose Mario, Luigi, Toad or Princess Peach. The map will appear on the screen, indicating the level the player is on, the player can start the level.
The screen will scroll when the player moves. The player can pick up enemies and vegetables on ground. Lick other video games, the player can die on the level if he/she touches an enemy or hazard, or falls to the bottomless pit.