Spike Mount Beanpole is the second level of World Mushroom in Super Mario 3D World. It and Deep-Black Jungle Drift can be played after the player completes Night Falls on Really Rolling Hills, and its completion unlocks Trouble in Shadow-Play Alley.
Spiky Mount Beanpole's layout is similar to Mount Beanpole, except:
- The stretch with the big Piranha Plant has been removed.
- There are Spikes that throw spiked rollers.
- Neither Cat Goomba nor any Piranha Plant species can be found.
- Spinies are present.
- There is a warp portal near the start, but it is locked and the player must find five key coins that have been scattered around the mountain. These key coins are at different heights, and their location is as follows:
- Behind the starting area.
- Behind the third tree.
- Hidden above the secret alcove.
- Towards the top of the level. Can be found on an obvious platform.
- At the top of the mountain. Climb to the top of the topmost tree and flip off to reach the coin.
- Binocular Sprixie: The Binocular Sprixie is found on the trees. If the player heads to the opposite tree, she "jumps" toward the latter tree. If you talk to her, she will point out the proper direction: up the mountain.
- 8-bit Luigi: If the Binocular Sprixie uses her binoculars, the 8-bit Luigi figure can be found on a wall, in the highest tree's shadow.
- Green Star 1: The first Green Star is located behind the top of the third beanpole tree in the level.
- Green Star 2: Behind the first Green Star, there are some Brick Blocks on the wall. The player should break them with Cat Mario to enter the Warp Pipe in the hidden area. Once inside the secret area, the player must press the P Switch and collect all the Blue Coins to reveal the second Green Star.
- Green Star 3: The third Green Star is located above the cloud platform at the top of the level.