Slide Lift Tower is the tower and fourth level of Meringue Clouds in New Super Mario Bros. U.
This level is a tower containing Fire Bros, as well as Slide Lifts. They are used throughout the level to progress, and some act as obstacles, as they can crush the player.
The level begins underneath a Fire Bro, and a Slide Lift is found above a pit. A Warp Pipe leads to another area, where a Fire Bro is found at the beginning. Multiple Slide Lifts are found in the area, and are used to progress vertically. A Fire Bro is found on a row of blocks, which includes a ? Block containing a Starman. Another Fire Bro is found, as well as another Slide Lift. Dry Bones and a Super Dry Bones are found, along with a Hidden Block on the right wall that contains a 1-Up Mushroom and more Slide Lifts. More Fire Bros are found, as well as a Warp Pipe leading to the Checkpoint Flag. More Slide Lifts are used to progress, and Fire Bars act as obstacles. More Fire Bros, Slide Lifts, and Fire Bars appear in the following section. A Huge Fire Bar is found before the boss door.
The boss door leads to the battle with Kamek, who creates blocks with his magic. Some of the blocks contain enemies, such as Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Paratroopas, Micro Goombas, Monty Moles, and Bob-ombs. When Magikoopa is hit, he casts magic at the player, which turns the ground into Donut Blocks. He is defeated after being jumped on three times.
- Fire Bros
- Dry Bones
- Super Dry Bones
- Fire Bars
- Huge Fire Bar
- Goombas (boss battle only)
- Micro Goombas (boss battle only)
- Koopa Troopas (boss battle only)
- Paratroopas (boss battle only)
- Monty Moles (boss battle only)
- Bob-ombs (boss battle only)
- Kamek (boss)
- Star Coin 1: In the end of the second area, the Star Coin is sealed in the ceiling by Brick Blocks. The player needs a Super Acorn or a Super Crown to break the bricks and reach the coin. The Star Coin can also be reached by bouncing off a Fire Bro.
- Star Coin 2: In the middle of the third area, the player should notice four spinning coins on the right side of the room. Behind those coins is a hidden Warp Pipe that leads to a secret room. The player needs the Super Acorn or the Super Crown once again to climb the room's Slide Lifts and reach the Star Coin.
- Star Coin 3: Immediately after the second Star Coin, the player should climb up the rightmost chamber by either Wall Jumping or using Hidden Blocks to find another secret pipe. The pipe leads to a room infested with Slide Lifts. The player must carefully work their way through the hazardous maze to find the third Star Coin.