Other Traits and Features
One of the main features of sky-themed stages is that the area takes place high in the sky usually above the clouds. This make bottomless pits one of the most common hazards of these stages. In some places, it is very easy to fall into one resulting in a loss life. More hazards of sky-themed stages include the enemies themselves. Paratroopas are very commom enemies of sky-themed stages as they can fly in place usually moving vertically or horizontally.
Sky-themed stages tend not to associate with the other themes due to the nature of the sky-themed stages. Bowser's Castle is commonly lifted into the sky but, in some cases, it is not classified as a sky-themed stage. A good example of this is in Paper Mario.
- Rainbow Ride - Super Mario 64/DS
- Nimbus Land - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- Bean Valley - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (also forest theme)
- Cloudy Climb - Paper Mario
- World 7 (New Super Mario Bros.) - New Super Mario Bros.
- Cloudtop Cruise - Mario Kart 8/8 Deluxe
- Sky Garden - Mario Kart: Super Circuit/DS
|Castle theme • Coastal theme • Desert theme • Fire theme • Forest theme • Haunted theme • Industrial theme • Mountain theme • Plains theme • Sky theme • Underground theme • Underwater theme • Winter theme|
|Amusement theme • Ancient ruins theme • Dark theme • Dessert theme • Space theme • Urban theme|