Robin is a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series. They are from the Fire Emblem series.
In game, Robin starts in the Tactician class. This class is exclusive to Robin, their children, and DLC characters, and enables them to attack with magic tomes as well as swords. As the avatar character, Robin and their children can switch to any starting class the player desires using a Second Seal (aside from Lord, which is exclusive to Chrom and Lucina), making for one of the biggest skill pools possible for a single character. Robin can also support with every other character (as Kris could previously), and marry any opposite gendered character the player wants, including the future children of other Shepherds that are met via Paralogues (side stories) as more characters within the Shepherds marry each other. Robin's customization focuses more on appearance and even features several options for voice.
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. 4
Robin appears as a playable character for Super Smash Bros. 4. In artworks, he tends to be portrayed holding his tomes in his left hand and his Levin sword in his right hand. Robin's right arm is lowered, and his character artwork shows his body turned 45 degrees to the camera's left, which puts his left arm closer to the foreground and forces him to look left at the camera. He is introduced in the same trailer that Lucina is. His moves tend to use his tomes and Levin Sword, though these can be exhausted and have their energy restored over time. His Special Moves are as follows:
- Standard Special Move: Thunder. This move functions like Samus Aran's Charged Shot. Robin charges energy from his thunder tome. As the move charges, the thunderbolt deals more damage. At full charge, the move becomes Thoron, which is very powerful and hard to dodge. This can be customized into Thunder+, whose power is boosted but breaks the tome faster, and Speed Thunder, which charges faster but does not deal as much damage. Keep in mind that the thunderbolt can be reflected, pocketed, and/or absorbed.
- Up Special Move: Elwind. Robin fires two green energy blasts downward and launches upward from the recoil. This move can be customized into Soaring Elwind which provides better vertical recovery while hurting his horizontal recovery and Gliding Elwind which does vice versa. The default version can meteor foes. Due to their nature as projectiles, the blasts can be reflected or pocketed.
- Side Special Move: Arcfire. Robin summons fire which appears above his head. The fire travels forward and then blows up upon contact with the ground, creating an explosion similar to Ness's PK Fire. The fireballs can also be pocketed, reflected, or absorbed. This move can be customized into Firewall, which has reduced range but is more powerful and can block projectiles, and Arcfire+, which is slower but deals more damage.
- Down Special Move: Nosferatu. Robin creates vortexes which drain the life force of a foe who got caught in front of him, while also healing himself. This can be customized into Distant Nosferatu, which has more range but is weaker, and Goetia, which is more powerful but has no healing effects.
When he uses his Final Smash, Robin pairs up with Chrom. This technique is called "Pair Up". The duo attack their target for big damage. The attack is similar to Ike's Great Aether, though this does not carry Robin, making him safe from self-destruct.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
The male and the female Robin both appeared in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate along with every veteran. He retains his moves from before, but the fact that Chrom became his own character did not change the fact that Robin calls upon Chrom to help him in Pair Up.
Robin has the same alternate colours that he had in his appearance in Super Smash Bros. 4. Reflet joins him as an alternative costume. Her artwork pose gives her a more dramatic pose: she now has her arms splayed out (though still gripping the Levin Sword and tomes), as if to rain magic on the foe.
- Robin and Byleth are the only Fire Emblem characters to not have a counterattack down special. In Robin's case, they utilize Nosferatu.
- Robin is one of three Fire Emblem characters to utilize a weapon other than a sword. Robin uses their tomes, Corrin can partially transform into a dragon for many of their moves, and Byleth uses Heroes' Relics.
|Characters||Playable Characters||Banjo and Kazooie • Bayonetta • Bowser • Bowser Jr. (Larry • Morton • Wendy • Iggy • Roy • Lemmy • Ludwig) • Byleth • Captain Falcon • Cloud • Corrin • Diddy Kong • Donkey Kong • Dr. Mario • Duck Hunt • Falco • Fox • Ganondorf • Greninja • Hero • Ice Climbers • Ike • Incineroar • Inkling • Isabelle • Jigglypuff • Joker • Kazuya • King Dedede • King K. Rool • Kirby • Link • Little Mac • Lucario • Lucas • Luigi • Mario • Marth (Lucinaε) • Mega Man • Meta Knight • Mewtwo • Mii (Mii Brawler • Mii Gunner • Mii Swordfighter) • Min Min • Mr. Game & Watch • Mythra • Ness • Olimar (Alph) • Pac-Man • Palutena • Peach (Daisyε) • Pichu • Pikachu • Piranha Plant • Pit (Dark Pitε) • Pokémon Trainer (Charizard • Ivysaur • Squirtle) • Pyra • R.O.B. • Ridley • Robin • Rosalina & Luma • Roy (Chromε) • Ryu (Kenε) • Samus (Dark Samusε)• Sephiroth • Sheik • Shulk • Simon (Richterε) • Snake • Sonic • Sora • Steve (Alex • Enderman • Zombie) • Terry • Toon Link • Villager • Wario • Wii Fit Trainer • Wolf • Yoshi • Young Link • Zelda • Zero Suit Samus|
|Assist Trophies||Alucard • Andross • Arcade Bunny • Ashley • Bomberman • Burrowing Snagret • Chef Kawasaki • Color TV-Game 15 • Dr. Kawashima • Dr. Wright • Ghirahim • Ghosts • Gray Fox • Hammer Bro • Jeff • Kapp'n • Klaptrap • Knuckle Joe • Knuckles • Krystal • Lyn • Metroid • Midna • Mother Brain • Moon • Nikki • Nintendog (Toy Poodle) • Rathalos • Riki • Rodin • Samurai Goroh • Sheriff • Shovel Knight • Squid Sisters • Starfy • Starman • Sukapon • Takamaru • Waluigi • Zero|
|Stages||Stages||3D Land • 75m • Arena Ferox • Balloon Fight • Battlefield • Big Battlefield • Big Blue • Boxing Ring • Bridge of Eldin • Brinstar • Brinstar Depths • Castle Siege • Cloud Sea of Alrest • Coliseum • Corneria • Delfino Plaza • Distant Planet • Dracula's Castle • Dream Land • Dream Land GB • Duck Hunt • Figure-8 Circuit • Final Destination • Flat Zone X • Fountain of Dreams • Fourside • Frigate Orpheon • Gamer • Garden of Hope • Garreg Mach Monastery •Gaur Plain • Gerudo Valley • Golden Plains • Great Bay • Great Plateau Tower • Green Greens • Green Hill Zone • Halberd • Hanenbow • Hollow Bastion • Hyrule Castle • Jungle Japes • Kalos Pokémon League • King of Fighters Stadium • Kongo Falls • Kongo Jungle • Living Room • Luigi's Mansion • Lylat Cruise • Magicant • Mario Bros. • Mario Circuit (Wii U) • Mario Galaxy • Mementos • Midgar • Minecraft World • Mishima Dojo • Moray Towers • Mushroom Kingdom (64) • Mushroom Kingdom II • Mushroom Kingdom U • Mushroomy Kingdom • Mute City SNES • New Donk City Hall • New Pork City • Norfair • Northern Cave • Onett • Pac-Land • Palutena's Temple • Paper Mario • Peach's Castle (64) • PictoChat 2 • Pilotwings • Pirate Ship • Pokémon Stadium • Pokémon Stadium 2 • Port Town Aero Dive • Princess Peach's Castle (Melee) • Prism Tower • Rainbow Cruise • Reset Bomb Forest • Saffron City • Shadow Moses Island • Skyloft • Skyworld • Small Battlefield • Smashville • Spear Pillar • Spiral Mountain • Spirit Train • Spring Stadium • StreetPass™ Quest • Summit • Super Happy Tree • Super Mario Maker • Suzaku Castle • Temple • The Great Cave Offensive • Tomodachi Life • Tortimer Island • Town and City • Umbra Clock Tower • Unova Pokémon League • Venom • WarioWare, Inc. • Wii Fit Studio • Wily Castle • Windy Hill Zone • Wrecking Crew • Wuhu Island • Yggdrasil's Altar • Yoshi's Island (Brawl) • Yoshi's Island (Melee) • Yoshi's Story|
|Items||Items||Assist Trophy • Banana Gun • Barrel • Beam Sword • Beehive • Beetle • Black Hole • Bob-omb • Bombchu • Bomber • Boss Galaga • Bullet Bill • Bumper • Bunny Hood • Capsule • Crate • Cucco • Death's Scythe • Dragoon Parts • Drill • Fake Smash Ball • Fire Flower • Food • Franklin Badge • Golden Hammer • Gooey Bomb • Green Shell • Hammer • Healing Field • Heart Container • Hocotate Bomb • Hothead • Killer Eye • Killing Edge • Launch Star • Lip's Stick • Master Ball • Maxim Tomato • Metal Box • Mr. Saturn • Ore Club • Party Ball • Poison Mushroom • Poké Ball • Rage Blaster • Ramblin' Evil Mushroom • Ray Gun • Rocket Belt • Screw Attack • Smart Bomb • Smash Ball • Spiny Shell • Staff • Star Rod • Super Leaf • Super Mushroom • Super Scope • Superspicy Curry • Timer • Warp Star • X Bomb|