There are different incarnations of Zelda, complementary to Link. They have the same traits as being the princess of Hyrule, having magical powers with the control of the Triforce of Wisdom. Incarnations of Zelda depicts her as child, teenager or a young adult. While she is damsel-in-distress in a few occasions, she is also an active ally of Link.
Super Mario Maker
Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Super Smash Bros. Melee, marking Zelda's first debut. Ocarina of Time incarnation of Princess Zelda made her Super Smash Bros. appearance in
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The Twilight Princess incarnation appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Masahiro Sakurai mentioned that they are still researching Zelda's appearance from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild . Instead, her design is based on A Link Between Worlds and her royal appearance in A Link to the Past; this design makes sure that people do not "underestimate her energetic attacks". Compared to her previous design from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Zelda was rarely expressive; like other characters, Zelda is more expressive.
Zelda has more buffs than nerfs on her moveset, her moves also improved KO potential. Her Final Smash, Triforce of Wisdom replaced the Light Arrow. The Triforce of Wisdom seals an opponent, then blasts them away; she can knockout the opponent with 100%.
In the World of Light cutscene, Zelda spoke her English line saying, "Stow your fear; it's now or never!". There is a cutscene of Mewtwo and she tried to reflect the beams with Nayru's Love and Confusion. Both of them were caught onto Galeem's light beams along with many fighters sans Kirby. In the World of Light, Zelda can be found at the Sacred Realm of the Dark Realm at the bottom left corner taking place in a temple, the boulder blocks the path to Zelda. The player must defeat the spirit battle of Impa to clear the boulder, also leading to solve a clock-based puzzle. Zelda joining the party reveals the Triforce of Wisdom on the center of the map.
Zelda's Classic Mode route is called Wisdom Prevails (狙われたトライフォース Targeted Triforce?). Her opponents are villains or antagonists from various universes. Notably, Wario and Bowser appear in Zelda's route, but Wario is an anti-hero. Ganondorf is the boss of her route, who transforms into Ganon upon his defeat.
- ↑ Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - E3 2018 - Nintendo Switch. Nintendo (June 12, 2018). Retrieved on 2019-05-10. “In the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Zelda's into more research than fighting. So her design is from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Zelda is much more regal and elegant that our other fighters, but we made sure you wouldn't underestimate her energetic attacks.”
- ↑ Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - E3 2018 - Nintendo Switch. Nintendo (June 12, 2018). Retrieved on 2019-05-10. “Zelda's Final Smash is a sealing move called Triforce of Wisdom.”
- ↑ Bandai Namco, Sora Ltd.. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Nintendo. Nintendo Switch. Level/area: Adventure Mode: World of Light. December 7, 2018.
- ↑ Bandai Namco, Sora Ltd.. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Nintendo. Nintendo Switch. Level/area: Classic Mode. December 7, 2018.