The Nintendo 3DS is an eighth generation handheld system from Nintendo, being the fourth generation of Nintendo handheld systems. It has all of the features of the Nintendo DSi, plus graphics greatly improved from the DS Lite, and screens that allow you to see in 3D that appears to go into the screen without special glasses. It also has a bigger screen, and an analog stick. The Nintendo 3DS was released on March 27, 2011. There was also an XL version that has more features. It is a successor to the Nintendo DS line (consisting of the original DS, the Nintendo DS Lite, the Nintendo DSi, and the Nintendo DSi XL) which lasted from 2004 to 2014
Satoru Iwata, current presidents of Nintendo, announced the Nintendo 3DS at E3 2010. He announced that the 3DS would have a slider bar that would allow players to change the depth of the 3D. Along with the 3DS, Iwata announced that several top companies are already producing games specifically for the 3DS, including: Square Enix and Konami. Iwata also elaborated that the 3DS's camera could take pictures in 3D.
Nintendo 3DS XL
The Nintendo 3DS XL (originally called Nintendo 3DS LL in Japan and iQue 3DS XL in China) is a larger model of the 3DS. Just like the Nintendo DSi XL, it has bigger screens. The 3DS XL has a battery that last longer than the original 3DS, but the speakers of 3DS XL are less loud. It is also 6.81 inches large and 6.14 inches wide.
On October 12, 2013, Nintendo released the new Nintendo 2DS which was made for the younger age group so that they can still play Nintendo 3DS games to avoid health concerns from the 3-D effects.
New Nintendo 3DS/New Nintendo 3DS XL
The New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL (originally called New Nintendo 3DS LL in Japan) are newer versions of the New 3DS. It brings an upgrade to most games, and will allow the usage of amiibos in newer games. It also features a second circle pad above the buttons and the ZL and ZR buttons. The power button is now located at the bottom right front of the system (just below the Select button) with the stylus located just beside it. The Home button is located directly below the touch screen and the volume button is now located on the top left side of the system opposite of the 3-D button. The 3-D effects are much more enhanced from the previous systems. However, the New 3DS XL uses a micro SD card that can only be accessed by opening the system from the bottom. Also, all new systems do not come with a charger.
New Nintendo 2DS XL
The New Nintendo 2DS XL is a newer larger version of the original 2DS and is the sixth latest model in the 3DS family.
Mario 3DS Games
- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
- Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (2011, Wii/Nintendo 3DS)
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (2012)
- Mario Tennis Open (2012)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2014, Wii, Nintendo 3DS)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2012)
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (2013)
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (2013)
- Mario Party: Island Tour (2013)
- Yoshi's New Island (2014)
- Mario Golf: World Tour (2014)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (2014, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U)
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (2015)
- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (2016, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U)
- Mario Party: Star Rush (2016)
- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (2016)
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
- Mario Party: The Top 100 (2017)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (2014, Nintendo Switch/Nintendo 3DS)
- WarioWare Gold (2018)
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (2018)
- Aqua Blue (discontinued)
- Cosmo Black
- Flame Red (discontinued)
- Pearl Pink
- Ice White (Europe & Japan only)
- Cobalt Blue (Japan only)
- Midnight Purple (North America only)
3DS XL Colors
- This is the first handheld console to have a Paper Mario game.
- ↑ 19 January 2011. Nintendo 3DS brings a dimensional shift to the world of entertainment on March 25. Nintendo News. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- ↑ Vuckovic, Daniel (February 7, 2011) Nintendo 3DS Australian Launch Event details and live blog. Vooks. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- ↑ http://nintendo.com.hk/pressrelease_3ds.htm
- ↑ http://nintendo.tw/pressrelease_3ds.htm
- ↑ http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/25/10665522/pokemon-red-blue-yellow-green-2ds-mew-code
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uNYEo8YN3I
- ↑ http://www.reinodocogumelo.com/2015/08/new-nintendo-3ds-sera-lancado-na-coreia.html
- ↑ http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/K2zf0kVCs-zIPGKnlu6sTRWrZvaE-EoV
- ↑ http://www.nintendo.es/Noticias/2015/febrero/Llega-la-portatil-que-pedias-953777.html
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-to-discontinue-3ds-xl-in-japan/1100-6423876/
- ↑ https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-14-new-nintendo-3ds-discontinued
- ↑ https://www.nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare
- ↑ https://www.nintendo.com/3ds/