New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is an 2.5D platform video game for Nintendo Switch. The game has 164 courses and includes the New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U (both of which are Wii U games) expansion. Several voice clips are reused from Mario Kart Wii and Mario Super Sluggers.
Mario, Luigi, Blue Toad, and Yellow Toad (both generically named Toad in this game), and Nabbit all return as playable characters from the original Wii U title while this game introduces a new playable character, Toadette, who makes her playable debut in the New Super Mario Bros. games. She has a unique form known as Peachette, which she obtains after grabbing a new item called the Super Crown. The Peachette form grants her abilities similar to that of Princess Peach and Princess Daisy.
- Super Mushroom - turns our heroes into the Super version of themselves, allowing them to punch and break blocks and to take another hit from an enemy.
- Fire Flower - turns our heroes into their Fire counterparts, allowing them to be in their Super form and hurl fireballs at enemies.
- Super Acorn - turns our heroes into their Squirrel counterparts, allowing them to be in their Super form and glide for an extended period of time.
- Ice Flower - With this transformation Mario and co. can hurl iceballs at enemies, freezing certain enemies, making a useful source. They're also in Super form.
- Mini Mushroom - Allows Mario and co. to become extremely small, allowing them to run on water, up walls, jump higher, and be very quick, but at the same time being very vulnerable (one hit and lose a life).
- Penguin Suit - Turns Mario and co. into their Penguin counterpart, allowing them to slide on their belly and throw iceballs. They're in their Super form as well.
- P-Acorn - Similar to the P-Wing powerup from Super Mario Bros. 3, You can fly forever with the P-Acorn, and still support the physical characteristics of a squirrel.
- Super Star - Makes Mario and co. invulnerable and faster, but only for a limited amount of time.
- Super Crown - A newer powerup that allows Toadette to become Peachette, no one else can use it but her, the Peachette transformation gives Peachette more agility, allowing her to double jump, and execute moves similar to Peach. This can end up unlocking a secret ending as well, if you beat the game as Peachette.
- Propeller Mushroom - Gives Mario and co. a propeller which you can fly with.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe For Nintendo Switch Announced GameSpot (September 14, 2018) Retrieved September 15, 2018.