Mario Strikers Charged, known as Mario Strikers Charged Football in Europe, is a soccer video game. Like in Super Mario Strikers, it has team captains and sidekicks.
The captains for the game are:
The following must be unlocked:
Each captain has their own Super Ability
- Super Mario!
- Super Luigi!
- Freeze Frame!
- Crystal Smash!
- Egg Roll!
- Thunder Wham!
- Fire Storm!
- Gas Mask!
- Mud Slinger!
- Sonic Roar!
- Red Card!
The sidekicks for this game are:
The ball for this game instead of a normal soccer ball, is a metal ball. The metal ball starts out as a purple ball, but when you pass it to a sidekick, it will change its color, up to a white ball, which is stronger and faster. But when the ball gets stolen by an opponent, it degrades to a purple ball.
There are only three cups in the game they are the following:
- Fire Cup: There are nine Round-Robin Rounds then one Elimination Round. The Championship Round is a best of three against Bowser Jr. (Reward: Bowser Jr. and the Lava Pit Stage)
- Crystal Cup (Reward: Diddy Kong and Crystal Canyon Stage)
- Striker Cup (Reward: Petey Piranha and Stormship Stadium Stage)
- This game is the first Mario game to have a rating above E. The second game is Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.
- This is one of the few Wii games that were under the Nintendo Selects games: which had their price lowered to $19.99 Retail Price.