|"Can everyone please stop telling jokes and start actually helping?!"|
|Wendy O. Koopa is not happy. She has spotted broken links on this article. You can make her proud by helping MarioWiki editors create pages!|
StoryThe story begins when Luigi accidentally knocks over a book found deep in Peach's Castle while attempting to fix a hole in the roof. This book happened to be holding the Paper Mario world within.
This ultimately releases the paper characters into the Mario & Luigi world, spreading across the Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser and Paper Bowser, despite some disagreements between one another, decide to team up, combine their armies and kidnap their respective Princess Peach.
After the crew make it to Bowser's castle, the bridge gets cut off. Then Mario, Luigi and Paper Mario get sent to the Twinsy Tropics Dungeon.
After returning to Peach's Castle, they realise that the princesses have been taken to the summit of Mount Brrr. When they make it there, the both Kameks take them back to Bowser's Castle.
When the crew makes it to the top of Bowser's Castle they realise the princesses have already escaped, but then both Bowser Juniors interrupt and battle Mario, Luigi and Paper Mario.
After the battle both Bowsers show up and transform the castle into Neo Bowser Castle. Then Mario and others return to Peach's Castle, where their next mission is to head to the summit of Mount Brr, where the castle is.
While these are not really characters, they are giant paper robots built by Toadette for the main characters use.
- Paper Luigi (only in Music Player mode)
- Princess Peach
- Paper Princess Peach
- Paper Toad
- Paper Bowser
- Bowser Jr.
- Paper Bowser Jr.
- Paper Kamek
- Scaredy Rat
- Koopa Troopa
- Dry Bones
- Hammer Bro.
- Piranha Plant
- Shy Guy
- Scaredy Rat
- Buzzy Beetle
Mario & Luigi Series-Exclusive
Paper Mario Series-Exclusive
- Spiked Ball
- Koopa Shell
- Dry Bones
- Bullet Bill
Mario & Luigi series
- Petey Piranha
- Big Pokey
- Chargin' Chuck Brigade
- Bowser Jr.
- King Boo
- King Bob-omb
- Shiny RoboBowser
- Dry Bowser
Paper Mario series
- Papercraft Megacrinkle Goomba
- Papercraft Kamek
- Papercraft Bowser Jr.
- Papercraft King Boo
- Papercraft Bowser
Names in Other Languages
|Language / Region:||Name:||Meaning:|
Mario & ruīji RPG Pēpā Mario MIX
|Mario & Luigi RPG Paper Mario MIX|
|Europe / Australia||Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros.|
- This is the first Mario game to feature a crossover of two different Mario series.
- This game is considered a combination of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
- This game has achieved several milestones:
- This is the fifth Mario & Luigi game.
- This is the second Mario & Luigi game for the Nintendo 3DS.
- This is the second Mario & Luigi game, where two Bowsers from different times and dimensions appear in the same game. The first was Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, where Bowser encountered his younger self.
- This is Petey Piranha's second time in a Mario & Luigi game. His other appearance was in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
- This is the second time in a Mario & Luigi game where three characters are playable (as Mario, Luigi, and Paper Mario). The first was in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (as Mario, Luigi, and Bowser).
- This is the tenth Mario RPG.
- This is the first RPG in the Mario series to feature no save blocks. The player can save whenever he or she wants to.
- This is the first game in the Mario series where each of the Koopalings are given extended dialogue, rather than their usual grunts and roars.
- This is also the Koopalings' second time in a Mario & Luigi game, with their first time in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
- This is the second Mario game to feature Petey Piranha as the first major boss. The first time was in Super Mario Sunshine.
- This is the second time Bowser teams up with himself from a different time and universe. The first time was in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, where he teamed up with his younger self.
- During the point at Gloomy Woods, where King Boo kidnapped the Marios, Luigi is left in a scared state. This first happened in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga where Luigi was too afraid to go to Guffawha Ruins, due to being told there is a monster there.
- Starlow breaks the fourth wall by saying Luigi had a whole year dedicated to him (the Year of Luigi) and mentioning that they are in a RPG.
- This is the first Mario game since Mario Kart DS where King Boo and King Bob-omb appeared together as bosses. This is also their first appearance in a Mario RPG.
- This is the first Mario & Luigi game where the first fight in the game isn't against a boss. Although it is a tutorial battle, it's against a couple of Goombas.
- This is the first Mario & Luigi game where the entire plot doesn't revolve around collecting certain key items.
- This is the first (and so far only) Mario & Luigi game where the Beanish species doesn't appear at all. This is also the first Mario & Luigi game not to feature Toadsworth, the Bonus Level-Up Roulette, and the spin-jump.