Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey is an enhanced remake of the 2009 Nintendo DS game, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story that was released in Japan on December 28, 2018 and in North America on January 11, 2019 on the Nintendo 3DS. The game was originally announced in a Nintendo Direct on March 8, 2018. Similarly to Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, this game features a side story named Bowser Jr.'s Journey, where Bowser Jr. is the main character.
- In the game, some enemy attacks (as well as some Special Attacks) are slower.
- There is also a new Cheese item that recovers Bowser's BP (Brawl Points).
- A giant boss gauntlet for Bowser was made as well.
- Easy Attack Mode returns from Minion Quest.
- Easy Mode and Assistance return as well.
- You start with 3 gear slots, just like in later entries in the series.
- The Battle Guide is now replaced with the Guide Block.
- The finishing move for the Green Shell returns from Dream Team.
- Bros. Attacks have different costs.
- 2 Badge Effects can be stored, like in Dream Team.