MarioWiki:Requests for adminship is the page for discussing requests for adminship. Instructions are below.
Please don't use talkbubbles on this page as we need to number the votes.
To create a new RfA nomination, please copy this code and paste it under Current Requests below:
You need to replace the username parameter with the username of the candidate, and the end date parameter with the ending date of voting, which is one week from when the candidate accepts the nomination.
Please read the Criteria for Administratorship before nominating a user or yourself for Adminship to make sure the user meets the criteria for becoming an Administrator. A list of administrators can be found here.
- ends May 20, 2013
Hello, MarioWiki. : ) It's me, that guy who did stuff and now doesn't. : P Well, I aim to make that "doesn't," a "didn't." In other words, want back in the game so-to-speak. I feel that my leaving was kinda a bad move, this place needs an admin, and per RR's recent messages, he's leaving. : / SO, to start off this official RfA for his replacement, I would like to make a formal apology to the editors of the wiki for leaving. From the time I left, I was in an emotional rut in which I was kicked out of a group of friends, lost some personal acquaintances, was swamped with schoolwork, and lost my father on the first. : / With all of that, I simply could not edit, however, they say the best thing to do when you lose someone is to keep busy. I am very sorry for leaving the wiki the way I did, just too much sentimental value to this place to ever let it go. So, I have been trying to reengage myself in a wiki-reform. : P It's not that I want the rights, it's that I simply want to make sure the wiki gets a suitable replacement for its head bureaucrat. And now to show what I've done to deserve a position:
- MarioWiki is the wiki I have the most edits on, being 16,347.
- I have been editing Wikia since January of 2011, and have since made great friends even on this very wiki.
- I have helped extensively in adding in articles when I first began.
- I did a great deal of work re-categorizing articles, as well as licensing a very large sum of our images.
- In this year, I worked on a large amount of our stub articles trying to get us to our spotlight, and sadly, I was one of the maybe 2 or 3 doing so at that time.
- I am experienced in the ways of the wiki : P (I do not use RTE, I use Monobook, I run a bot active on other wikis, I have been an admin on nearly a dozen other wikis, and I know how to css stuff : P)
- I have helped push forums and other aspects of the wiki's advertising and global image.
- I was a trusted administrator here at MarioWiki for about 17 1/2 months, and in a good amount of that time, was a bureaucrat.
- During my time of administrator, I cleaned the wiki up with deletions, licensing, categorizing, and some minor rewordings here and there at least once every week or other week from the last time I did it.
- I know many of the users here and have befriended some of them from time to time, and I do try to gain some good relations with them.. Though RR will be leaving soon, it's sad to say we'll lose one of our best. You're gonna be missed, man.
Now, I may not be the best with words, but I will say that I'm qualified and that I should at least be an applicant for RR's replacement. Like I said, you will be missed, RR. It's tough to not edit around here anymore, and life's boring. : P So, I thought "what the hell," it might be time I came back, and I'm hopefully going to get better soon and with that edit soon. Thank you for your time, MarioWiki. The Puzzle Master 10:59, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
Support Obviously yes. --Rainbowroad6w, the researcher. (Talk)(GCWaves YouTube channel) 20:05, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
Support You did the job before, you can do the job now. DangerousDangerously 01:08, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
I started officially started editing MarioWiki on August 28, 2010 where I was a "red link remover". In short, I was a stupid noob and thought that red links were bad and gave the wiki a bad look. I served a one month block for harassment, but I'm not sure what I had done. I came back on December 23, 2010, where I sent a message to Count Caterpie apologizing for my actions.
I have had altercations with a few users in the past. I was an immature, self-absorbed, fourteen year old brat. I definitely am far better than I was when I first started editing Wikia as a whole. I have bad mouthed this wiki and others that I edit The reason I have done that is because occasionally I get very frustrated when I work hard on something and it results in it getting messed up or something that I wasn't expecting to happen happens. Honestly, it's pretty frustrating.
I was a previous administrator here. When Count Caterpie had first started leaving, he left me with administrator rights. At the time when I decided to remove my rights, it was October 16, 2011. I had removed the rights because while I had the rights I was always being asked to delete this and protect that and block whoever. Another reason I removed my rights is because I was a stupid teenager. Long story short I was in a relationship with a guy who was not a fan of my use of the internet. I was also spending a lot more time hanging out with said before and being a stupid teenager.
I still get some rough times, but I've come a long way from where I was before. With RR leaving, it would be beneficial to the wiki to have an admin in place when he leaves. And since one admin may not always be on, it helps to have more than one. I'm requesting bureaucrat rights as well because I don't believe in the whole "head admin" thing, but I do believe that more than one admin is needed at times.
- Support --Rainbowroad6w, the researcher. (Talk)(GCWaves YouTube channel) 03:01, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Support I have no reason not to support. Your attitude has come a long way from what I've seen, but I do worry at times about your judgment, but I can see improvements here, too. Good luck. The Puzzle Master 18:16, May 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose Per off-wiki matters, as well as in regards to your history and relations with other users here, I have reason to say that I fear for your judgment as admin. The Puzzle Master 02:07, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
I think it's safe to say that she has matured in her weak areas; mainly respect and temper. Honestly I think she is up for it. Though honestly I do feel a bit iffy about her being bureaucrat. --Rainbowroad6w, the researcher. (Talk)(GCWaves YouTube channel) 05:11, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
- See, I don't mean to talk crap about her, but there's these times where she really doesn't seem matured. RR, how much do you talk to her? Maybe being at the wheel of adminship, maybe her attitude would be better, but per being with her in so many channels, I can say that she has impaired judgment (as well as raging out at random times) in regards to a lot of people, and because of that, she can make for a tense job as admin. I changed my vote to an oppose because of something she did last night, completely ragequitting on me, including her saying she'd "cut off interaction." when I was only trying to defend my case about wanting to help her. She becomes insensitive toward others, and seems to have issues handling/acknowledging opposing opinions/reasons. I've known her for almost 2 1/2 years, and was in a relationship with her for a good while, I know her and I don't want to be harsh and not let her have this adminship -- I really do want her to have it if she wants it -- but like I said, maybe being an admin might change her attitude. We need all the help we can get, I just worry. The Puzzle Master 10:28, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Off-wiki matters are exactly that. I do a great job at Pokémon Wiki, and if you fear that I'm going to freak out at you because of what happened last night, then you are being 100% biased. I didn't ragequit, I said I was doing for me, if you can't handle someone doing something for themselves than maybe you're the one not fit for an administrative position. You're being biased right now, and there's no way you can wiggle around it, you opposed because I didn't want to talk to you anymore. This oppose is you letting your emotions speak for you. And frankly, it's pretty sad. You've proved in your explanation that this is a purely emotional vote. I'm at a better place than I was when I was an administrator here last time, if you think that I'm not fit to be an admin considering what I go through, you need to take a step back and realize that you're currently in a different place than you were when you were last admin, and if anyone's emotions make them not fit for the job, than it would be your emotions. Maybe you need to take a longer wiki-break, because it doesn't seem like it helped you much. DangerousDangerously 11:09, May 16, 2013 (UTC)