Mace Guys are regular enemies that appear in various games.
Mace Guys look completely identical to Shy Guys, except for the mace they carry with them. Some Mace Guys have larger weapons than the others.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
As the game is a reissue of Super Mario World 2, Mace Guys appear in the same levels as they did in the original. However, they also appear in a secret level as well.
Yoshi's Topsy Turvy
Mace Guys appear as enemies in seven missions.
Yoshi's New Island
Mace Guys appear as uncommon enemies throughout the game.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mace Guy appears in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a sticker which increases the POW of a fighter's weapon by 22 when equipped.
- When eaten in Super Mario World 2/Super Mario Advance 3, the Mace Guy turns into a regular Shy Guy when spat out.
- Despite the official artwork depicting the Mace Guy with a black ball with white spikes, the actual sprite is light blue/white with yellow spikes.
- Despite the English translation referring to the enemies as 'Mace Guys,' the weapon they wield is actually a flail.
- The original Japanese name is 鉄球ヘイホ (Tekyū Heihō) which can be translated to 'Wrecking Ball Shy Guy'
- The sticker in Smash Bros is identical to the official art of the Mace Guy.