This is an incomplete list of Luigi's powers and abilities, including his weaknesses.
- Superhuman Strength: Luigi is able to lift and press objects that are several times his own weight, but not as much as Mario can. The exact upper limits of his strength is great. In Super Mario 64 DS, Luigi can lift King Bob-omb. Luigi showed an even more impressive feat of strength during the fight with Bowser. Luigi could lift him by the tail, spin him around and then throw him, but not as effectively as Mario. Luigi spins Bowser around faster and farther with more spins. Luigi's incredible strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to perform his signature move, the Jump Jump. Luigi is extremely good at jumping, and is capable of leaping two stories high. He is the best jumper in the Mushroom Kingdom, even better than Mario.
- Superhuman Durability: Luigi has a significant level of durability. He can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with superhuman strength. Luigi can also endure extreme environments, such as volcanoes and tundras. Also, he can withstand fire, electricity, and ice.
- Superhuman Stamina: Luigi can maintain continuous physical activity for an indefinite period of time.
- Superhuman Speed: Luigi is capable of running up walls in Super Mario World, running across the surface of water in Super Mario 64 DS, and outpacing sound in Super Paper Mario. He is often displayed as being even faster than Mario.
- Pyrokinesis: Luigi has the ability to create and manipulate fire. This ability changes throughout the games he has appeared. In the platform games, such as Super Mario Bros., Luigi needs a Fire Flower to gain pyrokinesis. But in the RPGs and Super Smash Bros. series, Luigi already has this power. Luigi is quite skilled at using fire, like Mario is.
- Electrokinetic: Luigi has the power to mold lightning in his hand into a sphere, creating a powerful attack, called the Thunderhand, that can shock and damage enemies quite severely. Luigi only uses this move in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.
- Negative Energy: As shown in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Luigi's Final Smash (Negative Zone) is creating a field of Negative Energy while dancing to exotic music. Some of the effects of this Final Smash include putting opponents to sleep, dealing damage, and causing foes to move in slow motion. This move is fueled by the sadness he felt for constantly being in Mario's shadow.
- Master Combatant: Luigi has his own fighting style. However, he never uses it in his games, except in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- Indomitable Will: Luigi is shown to have a powerful force of will, completely free of evil or temptation. He gets scared a lot, but with the help of his friends, he can gain the courage to take on and defeat any foe.
- Leadership: He has some leadership skills, acting as a second in command, and is very focused when there is a goal to achieve.
- Expert Vehicular Driver: As shown in the Mario Kart series, Luigi is skilled in driving vehicles, such as karts and motorbikes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.