Luigi's Mansion 3 is an upcoming game for the Nintendo Switch. It is the third installment in the Luigi's Mansion series where the events appear to take place after the second game, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. It was announced at the Nintendo Direct on September 13, 2018, and is set to release in 2019.
Entering the hotel
- "Luigi's dream vacation turns into a ghostly—and gooey— nightmare! Luigi embarks on a dream vacation with Mario and friends upon receiving an invitation to a luxurious hotel."
Luigi, Mario, Princess Peach and the Toads ride on Peach's bus to the hotel. Polterpup appeared next to Luigi, he read the letter from the hotel. When the van arrived at the hotel's destination, everyone went off the bus.
- "However, his dream quickly becomes a nightmare when King Boo reveals everything had been a ploy to capture Mario and friends. With the assistance of Professor E. Gadd once again, the reluctant and cowardly hero Luigi traverses up and down treacherous floors of the now-ominous hotel on a quest to save them."
- "He may still be cowardly, but Luigi has more tools and abilities at his disposal than ever before. Master Luigi’s new powerful moves of Slam, Suction Shot and Burst"
- ― Luigi's Mansion 3 website
Like the previous installments in the Luigi's Mansion series, the player will control Luigi who is armed with a Poltergust device that is used to capture ghosts. Luigi's Mansion 3 gameplay is similar to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
- Luigi's Mansion 3 game marks Peach's usual damsel-in-distress role and the first time Peach physically appeared in the Luigi's Mansion series.
- This is also the first time Mario and Peach share the same role.