- "A lottery ticket from Lucky's booth. Your number's..."
- ― Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door description
The Lottery Pick is a key item that appears in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
The Lottery Pick is a special item. This item can be purchased from Lucky in Rogueport for 10 coins and each one as a four digit code. The lottery numbers are picked each day at midnight (and it is midnight from the Nintendo GameCube's internal clock). The player must be careful to not adjust the clock each time. The first time, Lucky will warn the player but the second time, the player must pay 500 coin fine.
To win, the last two digits match. The odds of hitting the jackpack is very slim (about a 1 to 10,000 chance). The prizes for winning include:
- 1st prize (Jackpot) - 3 Gold Bars and free games to play at the Pianta Parlor
- 2nd prize - The Lucky Day badge and Zess Special
- 3rd prize - An Ultra Shroom
- 4th prize - A Life Shroom
If the player does have a winning ticket (which the chances for that are very high), Lucky will give them a Mushroom for their efforts.
- This is one of few features of a Nintendo game that directly makes use of the Nintendo Gamecube's internal clock.
- This is the only key item in the game that can be purchased multiple times.