The geography is extremely volcanic, some areas being wastelands, volcanos, lava rivers, and largely untouched by sunlight. This country was defended by the military forces of Koopa Troop with large numbers of tanks and airships patrol these lands to be defeated by Mario and Luigi. Shown in the Yoshi series, Bowser is ruler of the Koopa Kingdom since childhood and is located to Dinosaur Land.
The Koopa Kingdom is an absolute monarchy, where King Bowser has unchecked power, and his position is passed on to his child. Bowser has acted as the head of the government since he was child, while his title as "King" raises arguments of what his presence in the government is. Kamek remains as adviser for many years, giving advice to Bowser and his son. Bowser Jr. takes over as the heir to the throne.
- Volcanoes: It is the most recorded landscape of this kingdom by having a huge amount of lava in every corner.
- Wastelands: Dry lands is complete full with bones from various species who did not survive by the ashes.
- Dark Clouds: The atmosphere is completely bleak for thunderstorms that blocks sunlight.
- Forests: Seldom has leafy forests.
- Glaciers: In this kingdom there was ice until it was melted by the volcanic heat. But there is ice in the underground parts.
- Castle Ruins: Bowser and his underlings have castles and strongholds destroyed by plunders or by eruptions. Then the ruins of these castles are found for all kingdom.
- Bone Dry Dunes
- Bowser's Castle
- Bowser's Enchanted Inferno
- Bowser's Kingdom
- Bowser's Magma Mountain
- Bowser's Gnarly Party
- Bowser's Pinball Machine
- Bowser Castle 1
- Bowser Castle 2
- Bowser Castle 3
- Bowser Land
- Bowser Nightmare
- Dark Land
- Grumble Volcano
- Infernal Tower
- Kamek's Library
- World 6 (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)
- World 8 (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
- World 8 (Super Mario 3D Land)
Appearances in other games
The Koopa Kingdom has been glimpsed at least five times as the last worlds in Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, New Super Mario Bros., New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. 2. Though several maps and tracks from the Mario Kart and Mario Party series take place here as well.
- The term gets used in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.