Gravity Arrows appear in the following sections:
- Battlerock Galaxy: Can be flipped to change the Gravity Fields's direction within the Battlerock's gravity corridor. Note that here, the Gravity Fields have their direction reversed in relation to their colour: blue for up and red for down.
- Gusty Garden Galaxy: Within the Gravity Scramble Planets's area, Gravity Arrows can be used to change the gravity near the next area. This is necessary to complete the third mission, Gusty Garden's Gravity Scramble.
- Dreadnought Galaxy: Within the Dreadnought's gravity corridor (visited during the first mission, Infiltrating the Dreadnought, these can be found where Mario cannot pass with the current gravity.
- Deep Dark Galaxy: Within the Boo Box is a single gravity arrow that changes the box's gravity in the secret mission. It starts pointing down, but rotates 90 degrees counterclockwise in relation to the camera when flipped.
Gravity Arrows appear within the following sections:
- Clockwork Ruins Galaxy: During the first mission, which is titled Time for Adventure, a single Gravity Arrow appears on the Pushing Wall Planet. When it is flipped, parts of the planet fall apart, leaving behind gaps. This is necessary to reach the Ground Pound Switch that opens the gate and frees the Launch Star.