The Fiery Dino Piranha is a boss in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. He is an empowered form of Dino Piranha, and his head is black with red spots which resembles his egg. His petals vastly resemble a palm tree. Unlike the standard Dino Piranha, he has white lips.
The Fiery Dino Piranha is at first incased in his egg when Mario encounters him. The Fiery Dino Piranha at first runs around blindly until Mario uses his Star Spin on the boss's tail to tear open the egg on the Fiery Dino Piranha's head. At this, the boss will attack Mario.
The tail of the Fiery Dino Piranha is incinerated, and leaves a trail of flames behind it. In addition to this, the boss is able to shoot fireballs of his mouth and can run a lot faster than the standard Dino Piranha. Mario's only method of catching up with the boss is to Long Jump to him, though this can be difficult as Fiery Dino Piranha is constantly burning.
In Super Mario Galaxy, the battle begins when Mario makes his way to the planet the Fiery Dino Piranha makes his lair on. After awakening the boss, the player should defeat him as with the standard one, but the only difference is that the Fiery Dino Piranha will often ignite his elastic tail for a short time until it returns to its normal state. He will also leave fire trails after the second hit and move faster than he originally did as Dino Piranha.
- The Fiery Dino Piranha fight shares his battle theme with the Dino Piranha and Tarantox boss fights.
- Fittingly enough, Dino Piranha is the first boss in Super Mario Galaxy (unless the reactor in the Gateway Galaxy is one), while Fiery Dino Piranha is the penultimate boss (The final boss is Bowser from Bowser's Galaxy Reactor), creating the feeling of having gone full circle once both have been defeated.
- Fiery Dino Piranha is very similar to Fire Gobblegut, as both bosses are fiery versions of their original bosses: (Dino Piranha and Gobblegut), respectively.
- The official Prima guide for Super Mario Galaxy claims that Fiery Dino Piranha and Dino Piranha are related.
- Oddly enough, Fiery Dino Piranha is fought more in Super Mario Galaxy 2 than in Super Mario Galaxy. It is the only boss that returns in the sequel to do this, because the other four bosses in Boss Blitz Galaxy are fought multiple times in the first game.