Fiery Dino Piranha is a boss in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. It is a dark red type of Dino Piranha, and its head is black with red spots which resembles its egg. Its petals vastly resemble a palm tree. Unlike the standard Dino Piranha, it has white lips.
The tail of the Fiery Dino Piranha is incinerated, and leaves a trail of flames behind it. In addition to this, it is able to shoot fireballs, and it is a lot faster than the standard Dino Piranha. Mario's only method of catching up with it is to Long Jump it.
In Super Mario Galaxy, the player should defeat him as made with the standard one, but the only difference is that his elastic tail will be burning for a short time until returning to its normal state. He will also leave fire trails after the second hit and move faster than than the original boss.
- The Fiery Dino Piranha fight shares its battle theme with the Dino Piranha and Taranto boss fights.
- Fittingly enough, Dino Piranha is the first boss in Super Mario Galaxy, while Fiery Dino Piranha is the last boss (not counting Bowser from Bowser's Galaxy Reactor), creating the feeling of having gone full circle once both have been defeated.
- Fiery Dino Piranha is very similar to Fire Gobblegut, as both bosses are fiery versions of their original bosses: (Dino Piranha and Gobblegut), respectively.
- The official Prima guide for Super Mario Galaxy claims that Fiery Dino Piranha and Dino Piranha are related.
- Oddly enough, Fiery Dino Piranha is fought more in Super Mario Galaxy 2 than in Super Mario Galaxy. It is the only boss that returns in the sequel to do this, because the other four bosses in Boss Blitz Galaxy are fought multiple times in the first game.