A Duel Space is a space that conditionally appears on game boards in Mario Party DS. It is signified on the minimap as an orange spot, and on the actual game board as a purple space with an icon of two crossed swords. It counts as a green space for the purposes of determining teams for mini-games.
- Duel Spaces only appear on boards during the final five turns of a game. They exist where all Friend Spaces originally resided.
- A player that lands on this space selects an opponent to duel.
- The challenger then spins a "wheel" to determine the stakes that each player puts up in the duel.
- Each participant puts up as much of the determined stake that he or she can cover, and a duel minigame is chosen.
- The winner of the duel game takes both players' wagers. Should there be no clear winner (the payers both won or both lost, or there was a draw), the wagers are returned to the players.