The Dice Block is an item that appeared in all Mario Party games. By hitting the floating block above you, the player rolls the dice allowing them to move forward anywhere from 1 to 10 spaces (up to 20 if a Mushroom is used, 30 if a Super Mushroom is used and 5 if a Cursed Mushroom/Slowgo Candy is used). Depending on which Mario Party game you're playing, the design changes.
This item not only lets the player move forward, it also allows various other options such as deciding the order of play at the beginning of the game and is sometimes used in some board events.
In Mario Party 8, the Dice Block comes in 4 colors: blue, red, golden yellow and green.
Color & Candy Effect In Mario Party 8
- Blue with any candy - Normal with various effects but Roll Twice with Duelo Candy or Bowser Candy and thrice with Bullet Candy
- Red with Twice Candy - Roll Twice
- Golden Yellow with Thrice Candy - Roll Thrice
- Green with Slowgo Candy - Slows down & limits to 1-5
The Dice Block would allow any player to go forward the number of spaces rolled.
In every Mario Party except for Mario Party 8 and DS. The Dice Block was activated by pressing 'A'. In Mario Party 8, the Wii Remote needed to be thrust upward. In Mario Party DS, the stylus was used.
With 2 Dice Blocks
- Mushroom Capsule
- Mushroom Orb
- Super Mini Mushroom
- Twice Candy
- Duelo Candy
- Bowser Candy
- Mega Mushroom
- Double Dice Set
With 3 Dice Blocks
- Super Mushroom Capsule
- Super Mega Mushroom
- Thrice Candy
- Super 'Shroom Orb
- Triple Dice Set
- Bullet Candy
Reducing in half
Matching Coin Bonus
- With the Twice Candy/Double Dice Set/Mushroom Capsule/Mushroom Orb: 10 for any number except 7 and 30 for a double 7
- With the Triple Dice Set: 20 for any number except 7 and 50 for a triple 7.
- With the Thrice Candy/Super Mushroom Capsule/Super 'Shroom Orb: 30 for any number except 7 and 50 for a triple 7