Samus used the Phazon Beam to defeat Metroid Prime on Tallon IV. However, it absorbed Samus' Phazon Suit and DNA, and exploded.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
Dark Samus is an assist trophy in the game.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Dark Samus appeared in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a playable fighter. She was revealed on August 8, 2018 during the first Ultimate-centered Nintendo Direct, being announced alongside Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Chrom, and King K. Rool. According to Masahiro Sakurai, Dark Samus and fellow Echo Fighter Chrom were included because of significant fan demand from overseas and Japan, respectively.
- Dark Samus is the second playable character to be created outside of Japan, and the first to be created in the United States.
- Dark Samus is the only Echo Fighter that is a villain, since Dark Pit is more of an antihero.
- Dark Samus is the second playable female villain in the Super Smash Bros. series. The first was Wendy O. Koopa.
- However, due to Wendy being an alternate costume of Bowser Jr., Dark Samus is the first female villain to not be an alternate costume.
- Dark Samus is the second clone in the Super Smash Bros. series to be a doppelgänger of the character she is derived from. The first was Dark Pit.
- Unlike Dark Pit, however, she is a cybernetically enhanced hybrid instead of a genetically identical clone.