Corrin is a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. series. They are from the Fire Emblem series serving as the main playable character in Fire Emblem Fates.
Corrin is the customizable avatar character in Fire Emblem Fates. Unlike Robin, however, they are also the main character of the story, having the most prominent role of an avatar character in a Fire Emblem game. The player can select Corrin's gender, physical appearance, voice, stat builds, and secondary class before playing. Corrin is notably half-dragon, being able to transform parts of their body into that of a dragon, or temporarily transform into a dragon with the power of Dragonstones. Corrin and their royal families can use Dragon Vein, a power granted from the ancestral First Dragons, which can be used to alter the user's surrounding terrain in a multitude of ways.
Super Smash Bros. series
Corrin is a downloadable newcomer in Super Smash Bros. 4 released on February 3rd, 2016, alongside Bayonetta. Instead of being bundled with a new stage, like with the other DLC newcomers, two new music tracks for Coliseum and Castle Siege will be unlocked alongside Corrin.
Corrin returns alongside the series' entire playable cast in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, this time as an unlockable character. Corrin has a unique victory theme, based upon Lost in Thoughts All Alone, the main theme of Fire Emblem Fates.
- Corrin is the second character in the series to be added before the worldwide releases of their game (after fellow Fire Emblem representative Roy). However, Roy's game wasn't released anywhere at the time of his debut in Smash, while Corrin's had by then been released in Japan.
- Corrin is the only Fire Emblem character whose onscreen appearance does not involve teleportation onto the stage using warp magic.
- Corrin is one of three Fire Emblem characters to utilize a weapon other than their sword, being their dragon form.
- Corrin and Byleth are the only Fire Emblem fighters whose continent is not represented with an Assist Trophy. Tiki represents both the Archanea and Ylisse series, Lyn represents the Elibe series, and the Black Knight represents the Tellius series.
- In Ultimate, Corrin is the only character who, in the mural for Classic Mode, is represented by an alternate costume: the default female Corrin.