Found in locations in which Mario travels, Chuck Quizmo will ask if Mario would like to take a quiz. If he says no, Chuck Quizmo will disappear. If yes, Chuck Quizmo's quizzing area appears, which shows his assistant, Vanna T., and the audience. Chuck Quizmo will ask a multiple choice question based on part of the game.
If Mario correctly answers the question, he will receive a Star Piece from Chuck Quizmo. Chuck Quizmo will appear until all 64 Star Pieces are won from him. When that is succeeded, he will call Mario the master and disappear till the end of the game where he is seen at the party with Vanna T. He is also seen during the parade where his hat opens up and shoots out a single firework with Vanna clapping for him.
List of Chuck Quizmo's questions
1. What is the name of Goombario's younger sister?
2. What is the color of the block you can break with the first Hammer you got?
3. What ability does Goombario frequently use?
4. What color of pants was the Goomba King wearing?
Blue and White
Red and Blue
Red and White
5. Which of Mario's battle commands is on the far left?
6. How many windows does the Goomba House in Goomba Village have?
7. What's the name of the leader of the Red and Blue Goomba Bros.?
8. What color are Luigi's pants?
9. How many members are there in Goombario's family?
10. What will you receive when you get the right answer in a quiz?
11. What is the name of the smart Toad living in Toad Town?
12. How many buildings are there in Koopa Village?
13. Of the following, who is NOT a member of the Koopa Bros.?
14. How many coins are needed to buy a Mushroom at the shop in Koopa Village?
15. Where does Merluvlee, who tells fortunes about special things, live?
Shooting Star Summit
16. What is the name of the character who joined you at the Koopa Bros. Fortress?
17. What color is Bowser's hair?
18. How many Star Spirits do you have to save?
19. What's the name of the elderly Koopa Troopa who always asks for errands to be run?
20. How many Bob-ombs besides Bombette were imprisoned in the jail at the Koopa Bros. Fortress?
21. Where is the house of the explorer, Kolorado?
22. What is the destination of the train which departs from Toad Town station?
23. What is the name of the fellow who sells Badges in Toad Town?
24. What treasure did Bowser steal from Star Haven?
25. What is the color of the roof of the house in Koopa Village where you can listen to a radio?
26. Who does Kooper idolize?
27. What does Merlee of Dry Dry Outpost specialize in?
28. Who hides inside a coffin in Dry Dry Ruins?
29. What can you get when you take Star Pieces to Merlow at Shooting Star Summit?
30. Who knew the location of Dry Dry Ruins in Dry Dry Desert?
31. When you want Tayce T., who loves cooking, to make Lemon Candy, what do you have to give her besides a Lemon?
32. Who among the following lives in Forever Forest?
33. What are Boos, exactly?
34. What appears when you hit the Whacka living on Mt. Rugged?
35. Other than Lemons, what fruit drops when you hit a tree in the desert oasis?
36. What is the name of the strange person in Toad Town who can increase Mario's status?
37. What ability does Bombette frequently use?
38. What does Gourmet Guy like?
39. Who was the second companion to join your team?
40. Who tried to steal coins from you in the desert?
41. What is the name of the Star Spirit who can use Star Storm?
42. What are addressed to your companions and sent to the post office?
43. Among the following, which building is NOT in Toad Town?
44. What kind of book did Gourmet Guy drop?
45. Who am I?
I. Q. Testa
46. Where do I show up?
In towns and villages
On the street
In the jail
47. What is the name of the plant that grows in Jade Jungle and blows out stars?
48. What color was the leader of Yoshi's Village?
49. What is the name of the elderly man who tells fortunes in Toad Town?
50. How many colors of Yoshis did you see in Yoshi's Village?
51. How would the Yoshi Kids in Yoshi's Village describe Sushie?
52. What building is across from the Toad Town post office?
53. What kind of card do you get when you defeat Lee at the Dojo in Toad Town?
54. What color is the brooch that Princess Peach wears?
55. Who gave you Miracle Water in Flower Fields?
56. What is the name of Lakilester's girlfriend?
57. How do you make the Pipe leading to the Toad Town Playroom come out?
Hit a tree
Hit a switch
58. Among the following, who is inside Club 64?
59. Which of the following do Shy Guys never do?
60. What best describes the relationship between Mario and Luigi?
61. Among the following, who is found in Starborn Valley?
62. How many companions do you travel with?
63. What is the name of the Star Kid who's always with Princess Peach?
64. How many Star Spirits have you saved in total?
"He's Chuck Quizmo. He tries to quiz anybody who speaks to him. He pops up in various towns and villages, but that doesn't mean he's easy to find. What do you think his deal is? Personally, I'm a little more interested in his assistant. She's cute!"