Pieces of candy are the main items in the game Mario Party 8. Like Orbs and Capsules before, Candies allow players to alter the gameplay via stealing coins, extra Dice Blocks, etc. Unlike Orbs, Candies can only be used on the user, not opponents, or Spaces.
There are fourteen different pieces that come in four different colors. Each color is a categorization, telling what each candy does. Red affects Dice Blocks. Yellow affects gameplay while moving. Green affects gameplay before moving. Blue effects gameplay more significantly than yellow candy while moving.
There are three red candy pieces and they all affect the Dice Block.
- Twice Candy - Lets the player hit two Dice Blocks instead of one. The player will get a ten coin bonus for a double number and 30 for a double seven.
- Thrice Candy - Lets the player hit three Dice Blocks instead of one. The player will get a 30 coin bonus for a triple number and 50 for a triple seven.
- Slowgo Candy - Slows the scrolling of numbers and lets the player hit a slower Dice Block with the numbers 1-5.
There are three green candy pieces and they affect gameplay before hitting the Dice Block.
- Springo Candy - Turns the player's legs into springs and choose a player from the Dart Wheel.
- Cashzap Candy - Zaps half of an opponent's cash via Dart Wheel.
- Vampire Candy - Steal coins from everyone via Dart Wheel.
Yellow Candy affects gameplay while the player moves. There are four pieces in all.
- Bloway Candy - Sends opponents back to start with the power of a tornado.
- Weeglee Candy - Steals one piece of candy from any opponents that the player passes.
- Bitsize Candy - Transforms the player into an 8-bit character and collects three coins for every space the player passes.
- Bowlo Candy - Steals ten or twenty coins from opponents while the player rolls.
Blue Candy works the same as the Yellow ones except that they make a massive impact in gameplay. There are four pieces in all.
- Bowser Candy - Steals two Stars from an opponent while the player passes. The player needs to hit two Dice Blocks before he/she makes a massive impact.
- Bullet Candy - Steals one Star from opponents while the player passes. Three Dice Blocks are required for the player to hit in order to make a massive impact.
- Thwomp Candy - As the player passes, they will thwomp anyone in their way, with the player who is thwomped losing half of their coins.
- Duelo Candy - Lets the player duel an opponent that is first met and challenge him/her to a Duel Minigame. The player needs to hit two Dice Blocks in order to make a massive impact.