Bowser Jr.'s Lava Reactor is a Bowser galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy. It is named due to its high lava content. King Kaliente makes his second appearance here. Mario can access this galaxy when he gets 45 Power Stars in his possession, including the Grand Stars from the Gateway Galaxy, Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor, Bowser's Star Reactor, Bowser Jr.'s Airship Armada, and Bowser's Dark Matter Plant.
King Kaliente's Spicy Return
This star-like entity is very large, taking up most of the galaxy. It bears some resemblance to the planet Solar from the Star Fox series. Its northern half holds King Kaliente, while the southern half contains a few sinking platforms that can somehow withstand the lava.
There is a bright white start that cannot be reached, far out from the galaxy's main regions.
- This is the only galaxy that does not have any skyboxes at all. Looking around, you see a black void.
- Bowser Jr.'s Lava Reactor is also the only boss galaxy in the entire series to have this trait. Most of Bowser Jr.'s galaxies involve blue planets in the background with a starry sky.
- This, combined with the fact that King Kaliente has his colour changed to a darker hue, may have been done to give the level a vibe of unease and/or horror, as evidenced by the galaxy's Italian name, Il Mondo Torrido Bowserus Giuniorus (Bowser Jr.'s Torrid World).
Names In Other Languages
- Japanese: Kuppa Jr. Kurīchā Puranto (Bowser Jr.'s Creature Plant)
- Spanish: La Dimensión Bówsius Suro Soldadoro (Bowser Jr. and His Army's Dimension (Bowsy is Bowser Jr.'s Spanish name.))
- Italian: Il Mondo Torrido Bowserus Giuniorus (Bowser Jr.'s Torrid World)
- Portuguese: A Dimensão Kuppes Juniorus (Bowser Jr.'s Dimension)
- French: L'Usine de créatures de Bowser Jr. (Bowser Jr.'s Creature Plant)