|"Can everyone please stop telling jokes and start actually helping?!"|
|Wendy O. Koopa is not happy. She has spotted broken links on this article. You can make her proud by helping MarioWiki editors create pages!|
- "Lets do the Crime Warp again!"
- ― Bowser
The player is about to receive the Star Rod when Bowser shows up and takes it. The player jumps onto the Star Platform and heads to space, where you duel battle against one of the two unlockable characters. The opponent character is either Hammer Bro or Blooper. The opponent is random, unless the player completes Star Battle Arena with the first unlockable character. If they do, the second unlockable character is forcibly the opponent. If the player completes Star Battle Arena with any character, they unlock the first unlockable character (which becomes revealed on this stage). In order to unlock the second one, the player must complete Star Battle Arena with the first.
If the player wins the duel, Bowser returns the Star Rod and declare that he's the "Superstar". He then challenges the player to a battle in deep space in the mini-game Superstar Showdown. If the player beats the game, they will become the "Superstar". Bowser's Warped Orbit then becomes playable in the Party Tent, and the boss the player fought becomes unlocked.
Star Battle Arena
In Star Battle Arena, both the player and the opponent start with 3 stars. If the player or the opponent reduces the other's stars to zero stars (by using candy), they win.
Bowser's Warped Orbit is a very unique board, it is one of the very few boards with a two-way path. This board is similar to Snowflake Lake (from Mario Party 6) and Pyramid Park (from Mario Party 7). There are no stars in this board. So instead of getting stars, the player is stealing them from opponents. If the player steps on certain spaces, Bowser will yell, "Let's do the Crime Warp again!", and pull a lever, switching the direction of the board. The only way to obtain stars is to steal them from another player using Bullet Candy or Bowser Candy. Both of these candies (Bullet Candy and Bowser Candy) are hidden on only this board.
- A ? Space next to Kamek has him mix up all the player's candy. A ? space next to a tube sends you to the other side of the board after earning twenty coins. Once ? space has Bowser come onto the board and chases the player around the board until it reaches a space. Any player in the way gets involved in the chase. Other ? spaces has Bowser reverse the board's direction.
- A DK Space has Donkey Kong come on a satellite and give the player a free star (or a piece of Candy in Star Battle Arena). A Bowser Space has Bowser come and steal a star. DK/Bowser Spaces is the only way where new stars can be received or taken away. So although this board has no stars, DK Spaces is the only way where new stars can be received.
- In Party Tent, there is a fixed and limited number of stars to steal --if not counting handicaps-- (20). However, there is a 21st star. This star can be received by Donkey Kong. But if the player lands on a Bowser Space, Bowser steals it. Then the star is taken completely out of play and reduces the stars back to 20.
- In Star Battle Arena, if the player reduces their opponent's stars to zero stars, they can get six stars (as both of the player and the opponent start with three stars). The player or the opponent wins by reducing the other's stars to zero stars and can get a total of six stars. For the DK/Bowser Spaces, Donkey Kong (via the DK Space) gives the player a free piece of candy and Bowser (via the Bowser Space) removes one star. So if the star is removed by Bowser, the star is gone for the rest of the stage. And this results in less stars (five instead of six).
- The Lucky Space has an alien called Captain Shy Guy come and take you to an outer space buffet restaurant (called "Shy Guy's Orbital Buffet"). The lucky area (unlike the other boards with a Lucky Space) does not lead to a free star. Instead of a free star, the player instead gets to collect three free pieces of candy (which they can collect by passing Candy Spaces). The three candies turn out to be Bullet Candy and/or Bowser Candy. At the end, the player's inventory gets filled with Bullet Candy and/or Bowser Candy.