|This page is under construction.|
|This article is currently under construction, and is incomplete as of this moment. It is expected to be finished. Feel free to help Mario and Luigi by editing this article to improve MarioWiki! (edit)|
Bowser's Dark Matter Plant is a Bowser galaxy in the game Super Mario Galaxy. Mario has to fight Bowser for the second time to obtain a Grand Star. The plant is filled with dark matter, which is a hazard that Mario has to face. If he touches it, he will die instantly. The level features many sections with changing gravity, which makes it difficult to avoid the dark matter. It is the final stage for the Bedroom of the Comet Observatory. Mario can access the galaxy with 33 Power Stars in his possession, including the Grand Stars from the Gateway Galaxy, Bowser Jr.'s Robot Reactor, Bowser's Star Reactor, and Bowser Jr.'s Airship Armada.
Darkness on the Horizon
The Starting Planet is a huge planet that makes Dark Matter. If Mario touches the Dark Matter, he disintegrates and will die instantly. The planet has two main sections. The first section has many moving platforms across dark matter and a 2D area with many gravity changes that Mario must cross. The second section is a whole lot of dark matter and a lot of gravity changes with a 2D area. There are also moving platforms across dark matter as well and there are holes in space, acting out as obstacles. If Mario falls into the hole, he falls and disintegrates, either in the hole, or the dark matter. This planet is seemingly destroyed when Mario reaches the Stairs.
There are stairs that lead to Bowser and there are two Lumas in ice crystals, where Mario has to shake the crystals and release them. There is also a crystallized Life Shroom on the second platform of the Stairs.
Dark Matter Reactor
This is the part where Mario fights Bowser for the second time, and it is where the dark matter is created. There are ice crystals and green plates that when smashed they leave Coins. Also, the ice crystals are used to block Bowser's fireballs and the green plates can be used to block the shock waves that Bowser makes with his stomps, but neither of them can protect Mario from Bowser's new Dark Spin attack.
Names In Other Languages
- Japanese: Kuppa Dāku Matā Puranto (Bowser's Dark Matter Plant)
- Spanish: La Dimensión Bowserus De La Matéria Oscura (Bowser's Dark Matter Dimension)
- French: L'Usine Bowsere-osse de Matière Noire (Bowser's Dark Matter Factory)
- Italian: La Matéria Oscura Bowserus (Bowser's Dark Matter)
- There is a secret above the first section of the map, with a Question Block.
- This is the only level in super mario galaxy which includes the dark matter obstacle.(and one of the two in levels in the mario galaxy series as a whole. the other one being the daredevil run in Bowser Jr.'s Boom Bunker )
- The Galaxy's Italian name actually means "Bowser's Dark Matter".