Not to be confused with, Bowser's Castle.
The Castle is notable for being primarily inhabited by Stairface Ogre. The primary currency of the Forgotten Isle are purple Bowser's Oblong, however they also accept regular gold coins.
- Population: Middling
- Size: Sprawling
- Locals: Stairface Ogres
- Currency: Oblong
- Industry: Hanafuda Cards
- Climate: Average 79°F
- Third Courtyard (Front):
- Third Courtyard (Rear):
- Second Courtyard:
- Souvenir Shop:
- Main Courtyard Entrance:
- Main Courtyard:
- Outer Wall:
- Inner Wall:
- Beneath the Keep:
Super Mario Odyssey
Power Moon Locations
Normal Power Moon Locations
- 01: Infiltrate Bowser's Castle!: You'll receive this Power Moon by defeating the Stairface Ogre near the Third Courtyard (Rear) checkpoint flag. Simply allow it to stamp down, dodge quickly, and climb up onto its head to perform a ground pound.
- 02: Smart Bombing: When you reach the Second Courtyard area, you'll need to collect five Moon Shards to get this Power Moon. They are all close by, although one of them requires you to capture a Pokio in order to flick yourself along the wall.
- 03: Big Broodal Battle: Defeat Harriet and Topper at the Main Courtyard Entrance for this Power Moon.
- 05: Behind the Big Wall: In the Third Courtyard area, capture a Pokio and use it to climb onto the roof. Walk around the roofs on the western side and tilt the camera to look down in a birds-eye view. You'll see a Power Moon sitting in plain sight.
- 07: From the Side Above the Castle Gate: Warp to the Second Courtyard area, capture a Pokio, and drop down to attach yourself to the wall to the left (and beneath) where the bombs are rolling. By flicking yourself over to the left along this wall, you should spot some gold coins, regional coins, and eventually a vertical bit of wall taking you to a Power Moon.
- 08: Sunken Treasure in the Moat: In the Second Courtyard area, jump up onto the green roof located just before the electrical wire that will take you to the next area. On this roof, at location 7 on our map, you should spot a Power Moon waiting for you.
- 09: Past the Moving Wall: Warp to the Beneath the Keep checkpoint flag and look to the southwest; you should spot a roof that has yellow spikes on top. Climb up, and head to the gap in its yellow spikes to drop through the golden rings leading downwards. From this area (a poison swamp with a Stairface Ogre), you'll need to jump down again to the south, using Cappy's momentum to land on an area with a Pokio. Capture this Pokio and use its ability to make your way across to the left. A Power Moon is waiting for you inside a cage at the other end.
- 10: Above the Poison Swamp: Warp to the Beneath the Keep checkpoint flag and capture the Lakitu who is fishing in the southeast corner of the swamp nearby. Fly under the bridge and over to the northern edge of the swamp to find a catapult. Take this catapult to a nearby rooftop - you should spot a Power Moon down below to your southeast (location 10 on our map).
- 11: Knocking Down the Nice Frame: Follow the steps for Power Moon 10 to get yourself onto the small rooftop looking over the swamp. When you are on the roof, walk over to the front side of this roof to spot a sign hanging loosely - it should be glowing. Throw Cappy at it to knock it off and reveal a Power Moon.
- 12: Caught on the Iron Fence: Directly behind the Odyssey, look out for the small iron Bowser heads that line the fence. Throw Cappy at them (by holding down the 'Y' button so that he can hover for a while) to test them out - one of them will start to shoot out fire as Cappy spins on it. After a short while of fire-breathing, the chosen Bowser head will shoot out a Power Moon.
- 13: On the Giant Bowser Statue's Nose: If you warp to the Beneath the Keep checkpoint flag and look up directly in front of you, you should spot a giant golden Bowser face. To get this Power Moon, you'll need to ground pound a glowing spot on its nose. Take the electrical wire just in front of you to the next section of the Kingdom, and turn around to drop down onto the statue.
- 14: Inside a Block in the Castle: Right near the Outer Wall checkpoint flag, you should spot some metal boxes surrounding a Stairface Ogre. One of these blocks is glowing and, to get the Power Moon inside it, you'll need to coax over the Ogre so that it smashes it open for you.
- 15: Caught Hopping at Bowser's Castle!" Warp to the Beneath the Keep checkpoint and take the power line up to the next area of the Kingdom. Immediately in front of you are two rabbits - you'll need to use Cappy to slow them down and make contact with them (which is easier said than done in this area) to see what they're holding. One will only have coins, but the other is holding a Power Moon.
- 16: Exterminate the Ogres!: In the Main Courtyard Entrance area, jump up onto the roof of the building to the right to find a second power line. Take this power line to an area far off to the east. In this area, you'll need to defeat all three Stairface Ogres to get the Power Moon - simply lure them into smashing down to the ground, and them climb up the stairs they create to ground pound their heads.
- 17: Bowser's Kingdom Timer Challenge 1: Return to the far northern area of the Kingdom (quickly accessed by the Showdown Arena checkpoint flag if you have unlocked it). At the far end of this area you'll find a scarecrow - throw Cappy at it, and climb your way up the platforms that appear, to get this Power Moon.
- 18: Taking Notes: Between Spinies: Once you make it to the Third Courtyard (Rear) area, you’ll notice some Spinies, and to their left, a treble clef. Grab the treble clef to reveal the notes you need to get. Dodge the enemies to grab this moon.
- 19: Stack Up Above the Wall: As you first enter Bowser’s kingdom, instead of taking out the Goombas you immediately encounter, capture one and stack them all up. Walk around the corner of the large wall to your right to find a Goomba platform. If you’ve captured all 10 Goombas, you’ll reveal this moon.
- 20: Hidden Corridor Under the Floor: From the Main Courtyard, capture the Pokio as you would to climb the wall in front of you. Jump on the platforms around the water to reach the top of the first wall, where the Spinies are. Instead of climbing up higher, position the camera so it’s facing south. You should see that below you, a moon is hiding. Position yourself above the breakable wooden boxes and drop down and poke, once the box is broken, quickly exit the Pokio so Mario can jump into the secret path to grab the moon.
- 21: Poking Your Nose in the Plaster Wall: Warp to the Third Courtyard (Rear) flag. Head to the back of this area and climb up the archway so you’re on the roof of the structure. From there, head to the southwest where there is a lone Pokio near a large wall. Capture it and stick its beak inside the polygonal hole to reveal this power moon.
- 22: Poking the Turrent Wall: Take a trip to the Second Courtyard area, where you looked for power moon shards. Against the far west wall, there are two cannons shooting bombs. Use a Pokio to deflect a bomb into the two metal boxes along the west wall, all the way to the left. Once both blocks are gone, you’ll find a hole for the Pokio’s beak. Stick it in there and get this power moon.
- 23: Poking Your Nose by the Great: Warp over to the Inner Wall area and grab the nearby Pokio. Make your way up the sliding wall and into the next area. Still maintaining control of the Pokio, make your way behind the platform that has the electrical wire. Behind it, you’ll find some Spinies and boxes. Get rid of them to reveal a hole where you can stick the Pokio’s beak into. Jump up and time your poke to get it in the hole you revealed to snag this power moon.
- 24: Jizo All in a Row: Near the Souvenir Shop you’ll find a lone Jizo statue with a handful of Jizo in the lower area next to it. Capture the statue and place Mario on the empty spot to grab this moon.
- 25: Underground Jizo: If you already captured the Jizo from the moon above, walk east in the area you’re in to find some ground you can break with the Jizo statue. Fall through and find yet another spot for Mario to stand in to get a moon.
- 26: Found Behind Bars!: Head over the Main Courtyard and once there, double back so you are in front of the archway. From there, head east so you can begin running along the rooftops. Eventually you’ll see a roof to your left that has an electrical wire to capture. Take that all the way over, and you’ll find a secret room with a moon.
- 27: Fishing(?) in Bowser's Castle: Warp to the Beneath the Keep checkpoint flag and head to the southeast corner of the swamp to find Lakitu. Capture Lakitu, and fly over to the southwest corner of the swamp (underneath the bridge) to find the largest shadow under the poison. Cast your line into the swamp, and reel in the shadow to receive a Power Moon. Outer Wall checkpoint flag, jump up onto the rooftops to the southeast. Follow the roofs around until you see Captain Toad on a slightly lower roof just around a corner. Talk to him to receive a Power Moon.
- 28: Good To See You, Captain Toad!: Head to the Outer Wall checkpoint and immediately make your way to the rooftops southeast from your starting point. Loop around the structure to find Captain Toad and a moon.
- 29: Shopping at Bowser's Castle: Simply purchase this Power Moon for 100 gold coins at this Kingdom's Crazy Cap store.
- 30: Bowser's Castle Treasure Vault: From the Beneath the Keep warp point, face southwest so you’re facing the structure that is lined with yellow spikes. In the center of that, you’ll notice a gap in the spikes and directly ahead of it, golden rings you can jump through. Falling through the rings, you’ll be at an area with a poison swamp and an Ogre. If you face southeast, you’ll notice a tier below you with a catapult. Drop down to that area and take the catapult to the other side of the structure. Capture the Pokio so you can have safe passage through the Spinies and so you can climb the wall that’s behind them. From there, you’ll find a series of rotating walls that the Pokio can grab with its beak. Make your way to the top to find a secret treasure vault with this moon and a ton of coins.
- 31: Scene of Crossing the Poison Swamp: Head to the Souvenir Shop and buy the Samurai Armor and Helmet. Put them on and head to the door behind the shop to access a secret room. In this special 2-D puzzle, when you’re on the screen with moon below you and a shell, hit the shell onto the mushroom platform and weigh it down with your body to get the moon.
- 32: Taking Notes: In the Folding Screen: While in the 2-D puzzle for moon 31, you’ll come across a screen with a music note. Grab that and the additional moons that wrap around the structure in the scene to get this moon.
- 33: On Top of the Spinning Tower: From the Beneath the Keep warp point, face southwest so you’re facing the structure that is lined with yellow spikes. In the center of that, you’ll notice a gap in the spikes and directly ahead of it, golden rings you can jump through. Falling through the rings, you’ll be at an area with a poison swamp and an Ogre. Kill the Ogre, which will open a massive doorway nearby. Enter the door to get into this puzzle room. Once inside, you’ll find a Pokio which you’ll use to climb this rotating tower. On top of the tower is a power moon. Read below about how you can get moon 34 in the same run.
- 34: Down and Up the Spinning Tower: From the Beneath the Keep warp point, face southwest so you’re facing the structure that is lined with yellow spikes. In the center of that, you’ll notice a gap in the spikes and directly ahead of it, golden rings you can jump through. Falling through the rings, you’ll be at an area with a poison swamp and an Ogre. Kill the Ogre, which will open a massive doorway nearby. Enter the door to get into this puzzle room. While climbing the rotating tower for moon 33, before making your way to the top, make your way behind the platform. From there, you’ll notice an opening at the bottom center. Drop down and exit the Pokio to land inside this room safely. In there is a key. Once you grab it, another power moon will appear on top of the platform.
- 35: Jizo's Big Adventure: If you’ve unlocked the Showdown Arena warp point when getting power moon 17, then head over there and take the warp pipe that’s right next to it. (If you haven’t reached this warp flag yet, go to the Beneath the Keep warp, use Cappy on the electrical pylon and ride it up. You’ll reach this flag at the end of your journey.) You’ll enter a puzzle room with spiked floors and some Jizo statues. The goal is to get three statues into the center platform first.
- 1. The first one is easy as it’s right in front of you. Make it stand on the P-Switch to the left so you can create a platform to the next area.
- 2. In that area, destroy all the boxes and reveal the breakable floor. Take the Jizo from there and crash through the floor. Once below the platform, head over to the end of that area and press the P-Switch. Wait for the platform to descend, then ride it back up with the Jizo. Walk the Jizo back to the main platform and have it stand on the rightmost P-Switch to it can create a platform to the next Jizo.
- 3. Avoid the spikes until you can capture the Jizo. Walk up the small winding platform with the spikes and carefully get onto the moving platforms to bring that Jizo back to the main platform. Now you should have all three on the main platform. Take one Jizo and put it on the center P-Switch. Then take the other two and walk them across the newly created bridge and place them on both P-Switches. From there, two metal platforms will appear. You can wall jump to the top and grab your power moon. Before you do that, read below to get moon 36 at the same time.
- 36: Jizo and the Hidden Room: In the same area for moon 35, after you’ve gotten all three Jizos in the center area and moved the two Jizos onto the final platform, head back to the center and take the lone Jizo all the way toward the entrance. You’ll find an area that was previously off-camera with a P-Switch. Stand the Jizo on the switch. It will reveal a hole in the wall in the area where you wall jump to reach the top of the stage. In that hole, you’ll find this power moon.
- 37: Dashing Above the Clouds: From the Beneath the Keep warp point, face southwest so you’re facing the structure that is lined with yellow spikes. In the center of that, you’ll notice a gap in the spikes and directly ahead of it, golden rings you can jump through. Falling through the rings, you’ll be at an area with a poison swamp and an Ogre. Once you’re on the western side of the platform with the Ogre and poison lake, you’ll see a platform below you with a seed and some Spinies. Grab the seed and loop around the west side of the structure to find a pot. Plant the seed and ride the vine to this puzzle room. Grab the flowers to run and jump through the pathways. An easy way to make sure you don’t fall off is to grab the first flower directly in the center. If you’re running in a straight line moving forward, you won’t need to move left and right to get to the end where the moon is. All you need to do is jump when Mario runs over the yellow parts of the platforms.
- 38: Dashing Through the Clouds: From the Beneath the Keep warp point, face southwest so you’re facing the structure that is lined with yellow spikes. In the center of that, you’ll notice a gap in the spikes and directly ahead of it, golden rings you can jump through. Falling through the rings, you’ll be at an area with a poison swamp and an Ogre. Once you’re on the western side of the platform with the Ogre and poison lake, you’ll see a platform below you with a seed and some Spinies. Grab the seed and loop around the west side of the structure to find a pot. Plant the seed and ride the vine to this puzzle room. Before you get to the end of the path for moon 37, you might see this moon off to your left. You could try running around and grabbing it while under the effects of the flowers, but we recommend jumping and ground pounding until your flower effects run out so you can easily walk around the path to grab this moon.
- 39: Sphynx Over Bowser’s Castle: Warp to the Main Courtyard entrance and head forward to the area with the Pokios. On the left, you’ll see a pair of binoculars you can capture. Once captured, look high in the northeast and you’ll see a Sphynx flying around. Zoom in and it’ll shoot out its power moon.
- 40: I Met a Pokio!: Head on over to the Main Courtyard area and grab yourself a Pokio. From there, head back toward the entrance. On the other side of that archway, jump on top of the roof and keep heading east until you meet a resident from the Cap Kingdom hanging out. Walk up to it with the Pokio and it’ll hand over a moon.
- 41: Bowser's Kingdom Regular Cup: Warp to the Beneath the Keep flag and head straight (or northeast) over the bridge to speak with the racing-obsessed Koopa. The keys to winning this and the Regular Cup are the same, and they’re not really difficult.
- Roll away from the start.
- Long jump off the first ledge and keep pushing forward as you jump. When you get close to the next platform, toss Cappy (Y) and then jump off of him (hit ZL and then hold Y). You’ll gain an enormous lead just doing this.
- For the rest of the race, just look for every opportunity to roll (ZL + Y), long jump (ZL + B) and cut a corner with a hat jump (jump, hit ZL, then hold the jump button to leap off of Cappy). You can see us doing all of that in the video above. (It’s technically the Master Cup, but the only substantive difference is the golden Koopa racer, and you won’t see much of him if you follow our advice.)
- 42: A Rumble Under the Arena Floor: Head over to the Showdown Arena warp and talk to the two New Donk City travelers near the warp flag. They’ll mention a rumble in the ground. You’ll find a few spots that rumble, but the area with the power moon is in the northwest part of the arena between where the carpeting ends and the edge of the platform is. Look for two birds sitting on the ground. Use your controller to pinpoint the right area and give it a ground pound to reveal the moon.
- 43: Secret Path to Bowser's Castle!: To get this one, you’ll actually have to head over to Cascade Kingdom. Once there, head directly to the waterfall and go behind it to find a warp into Bowser’s Kingdom. From there, you’ll find yourself on a high platform containing this moon.
- 44: Peach in Bowser's Kingdom: Right next to the Souvenir Shop, you’ll find Peach and second hanging out. Speak to her to get this moon.
- 45: Found with Bowser's Kingdom Art: If you warp to the Main Courtyard, right next to the entrance, to the left of the flag, is an image depicting an area in the Sand Kingdom. Check it out then head back to the Odyssey then go to that kingdom. Once there, warp to the Moe-Eye Habitat. Then head to the cactus that’s in the middle of the western half of the swamp. Line up to where the photo shows the glowing sand, ground pound and you’ll have this moon.
Moon Rock Power Moon Locations
- 46: Behind The Tall Wall: Poke, Poke!: Warp to the Third Courtyard (Rear) flag. When you arrive, you’ll be facing a tall wall. On the other side of that wall is a Pokio, which you’ll need to get this power moon. Walk around the wall, traveling north and east to get up on the roof. Then travel the roofs and drop down to capture the Pokio. After you capture the Pokio, scale the eastern wall to get onto the green roof. Walk along roof around the courtyard until you’re standing on top of the farthest eastern wall. Below you, you’ll find a hole for the Pokio to stick its beak into. Drop off the ledge and time your poke perfectly to get this moon.
- 47: From Crates In The Moat: Warp to the Main Courtyard flag. Across the bridge and to the right ahead of you, there’s a moat. At the bottom of the moat is a pile of several wooden crates. Dive in and destroy them with ground pounds and Cappy. The power moon is hidden in the bottom center crate.
- 48: Caught On The Giant Horn: Warp to the Showdown Arena flag. (It’s where you fought Bowser in the far north of the kingdom.) South of the flag on the right side of the roof, there’s a golden glowing horn. Throw Cappy at it (and hold the throw button) to release this power moon.
- 49: Inside A Block At The Gate: Head across the bridge away from the Main Courtyard warp flag and capture a Pokio. Hop on the platforms to the east (avoiding the water), and climb the wall where the platforms end. Destroy the enemy up here (we’ll call this the first floor), and climb up another wall. When you’re up top, a canon will start rolling cannonballs your way. Make your way down to the first floor, and poke the rolling cannonballs, aiming to shoot them at the metal crates just beyond the warp flag. The cannonball will destroy the crates in its way and reveal this power moon.
- 50: Small Bird In Bowser’s Castle: Warp to the Odyssey, walk through the gate and head right and jump up to the top of the roof. Cross to the other side, and you’ll see a flock of birds. The farthest one is glowing. Sneak up to it and hit it with Cappy to get this power moon. It may take you a couple of throws to hit the bird, but don’t worry. All you need to do is walk about halfway back to the higher part of the roof and turn the camera away from the bird. Turn around to face the bird, and it’ll magically return. You’ll be able to try again.
- 51: Invader In Bowser’s Castle: Warp to the Main Courtyard Entrance flag, head up the stairs and veer right onto the round platform. There, you’ll find a Yoo-Foe, which is basically a hovering hat that barfs Goombas and has deadly spinning attacks.
- 52. Jumping From Flag To Flag: Warp to the Main Courtyard Entrance, and head southwest toward the flags floating in the distance. Jump to the first flag on the left, rotate Mario so that he’s facing the next flagpole, and jump to it. Repeat the process, but be careful not to jump too high or Mario will miss. Slide to the key on the last flagpole, and it’ll unveil the power moon back on solid ground. Repeat the process of jumping from flagpole to flagpole in reverse and collect your reward.
- 53. Bowser’s Kingdom Timer Challenge 2: Warp to the Beneath the Keep flag, and head south, veering left toward the scarecrow on the green roof. Toss Cappy at it, and then walk right off the wall beyond the scarecrow. Land on the green cylinder far below and grab the key. Jump off the green cylinder (we long jumped just to be safe) and collect the nearby power moon.
- 54: Taking Notes: On The Wall: Warp to the Third Courtyard (Rear) flag. When you arrive, you’ll be facing a tall wall. On the other side of that wall is a Pokio, which you’ll need to get this power moon. Walk around the wall, traveling north and east to get up on the roof. Then travel the roofs and drop down to capture the Pokio. After you capture the Pokio, jump to the treble clef to reveal a series of notes. Keep jumping and poking your nose into the wall, making your way up to collect the notes. (Be careful of the stinking metal seam that runs between the notes, because we sure died a bunch of times accidentally trying to poke it.) When you collect all of the notes, you’ll get a power moon up on the roof.
- 55: Taking Notes With A Spinning Throw: Warp to the Main Courtyard Entrance, and veer left to the round platform after you head up the stairs. Hit the treble clef to make the notes appear. Use spinning throws (thrust you controller to the left) to collect this power moon.
- 56: Third Courtyard Outskirts: Warp to the Third Courtyard (Front) flag capture a Pokio and climb the wall in back of where the Pokio was. Capture the Spark Pylon (and turn into electric Mario). Wiggle your controller as you travel through the air, and Mario will jump up to the coins and collect the power moon at the top.
- 57: Stone Wall Circuit: Warp to the Second Courtyard flag, head up the staircase and turn right. Follow the path down past the Spinies, and throw Mario at the Spark Pylon. Travel along the wires. When you’re at the top over the key, press ZL to become regular Mario. Slide or glide down the wall to collect the key, and then throw Cappy at a Spark Pylon to become electric, return to the beginning and collect your power moon.
- 58: Bowser’s Kingdom Master Cup: Warp to the Beneath the Keep flag and head straight (or northeast) over the bridge to speak with the racing-obsessed Koopa. The keys to winning this and the Regular Cup are the same, and they’re not really difficult.
- 1. Roll away from the start.
- 2. Long jump off the first ledge and keep pushing forward as you jump. When you get close to the next platform, toss Cappy (Y) and then jump off of him (hit ZL and then hold Y). You’ll gain an enormous lead just doing this.
- 3. For the rest of the race, just look for every opportunity to roll (ZL + Y), long jump (ZL + B) and cut a corner with a hat jump (jump, hit ZL, then hold the jump button to leap off of Cappy).
- 59: Searching Hexagon Tower: Warp to the Main Courtyard checkpoint flag and climb up onto the main roof by jumping on the lower section to the east. Capture the catapult at the end of the roof on the western side to land at location 59 on our map. Enter the grey warp pipe here and use a Parabones to collect all five Moon Shards within the room. Some of them are very cheekily tucked away underneath sections that don't seem to contain anything - so make sure to hunt thoroughly. When you have all five you'll be rewarded with a Power Moon.
- 60. Center of Hexagon Tower (see location 59): In the same area as Power Moon 59, capture a Parabones and float down to the bottom of the green edge that has several sets of gold rings. Fly under the small ledge at the bottom to find a key which will unlock a second Power Moon at the top of the tower.
- 61. Climb the Wooden Tower: Warp to the Main Courtyard checkpoint flag and climb up onto the main roof by jumping on the lower section to the east. Capture the catapult at the end of the roof on the eastern side to land at location 61 on our map. Enter the grey warp pipe here and use the Pokio to climb your way to the very top of the room. A Power Moon will be waiting for you.
- 62. Poke the Wooden Tower (see location 61): In the same area as Power Moon 61, capture a Pokio and spin the camera around to look at the back of the tall tower. Down below you should notice some boxes blocking the entrance to a secret area - use Pokio to carefully flick your way down there and smash open the boxes to reveal a Power Moon.
Multi Moon Locations
- 04: Showdown at Bowser's Castle: You'll have to defeat the Broodals a second time for this Power Moon, although this time they'll be in a giant mech robot suit. Use a Pokio to poke bombs towards the legs of the suit, and then climb up to where a Broodal is sitting as the suit falls down. Peck furiously at the glass surrounding each Broodal until you've beaten all of them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.