- "Let's go, my lovelies! Marilyn! Vivian! Come! We've got a job to do!"
- ― Beldam
Beldam is a recurring antagonist in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Beldam is also the leader of Sir Grodus' powerful team of elite fighters: the Shadow Sirens. She has two sisters that help her on her missions for Grodus and these two sisters are: Marilyn, the "strength" of the group, and Vivian, who later on becomes Mario's partner on his quest for the Crystal Stars. Vivian gets replaced by Doopliss, who joins the Shadow Sirens after Chapter 4.
In battle, Beldam can use a physical punch attack. However, she can also shoot an icy wind that freezes Mario or his partner. She also has two unavoidable attacks: she can turn her opponents mini, or make them slower.
The Shadow Sirens
Shadow Sirens Scuffle
- Beldam's name is a reference to the word beldam which means an elderly woman who is usually quite ugly and rude.
- The color of her hat represents her cryokinetic ice abilities just like Vivian's is red for her fire abilities and Marilyn's is yellow for her lightning abilities.
- Beldam is the first character in the Paper Mario series (with Dimentio being the second) to use another villain as a pawn, making plans to secretly betray him in the end.
- Beldam's line, "my lovelies" is a possible reference to The Wizard of Oz, where the Wicked Witch of the West would always refer to Dorothy as "my pretty".
- Out of all the antagonist groups in the Mario series (such as the Axem Rangers, Koopa Bros., etc.), Beldam is the only group leader who wears blue rather than red.
- She is also the only older sibling who wears something other than red.
- Most likely by coincidence, Beldam has a similar laugh to Cloaker, a boss from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
- Despite being the leader, she is the weakest member of The Shadow Sirens usually having the least HP and lower attack power.
- Beldam is the only one of the original Shadow Sirens to not have a common old-fashioned girl's name.