Mario and Dreamy Luigi must defeat bunch of Hooskis called the Hooraws in a battle with conditions. The Beef-Off Referee will usually appear in battle asking Mario if he wants to quit in order to do some training and get some more items.
The Hooraws are a group of characters that Mario and Dreamy Luigi must defeat in order to speak with Big Massif. The Hooraws consists of:
This Hooraw lacks confidence in himself but Dreamy Luigi manages to convince him to the battle.
- Color: Blue
- Condition: Mario can win by only using Excellent timing moves. Any other attack heals Sorrow Fist entirely.
This Hooraw is the most cheerful of the group. He is very enthusiastic and wants to battle.
- Color: Orange
- Condition: Mario can win by defeating Heavy Zest and all his Hooraw minions in three turns only.
This Hooraw is the smallest, yet most aggressive of them. He loves to work out and get stronger.
- Color: Yellow
- Condition: Mario can win by only using counterattacks. Only healing items are permitted. Badge usage is banned.
This Hooraw loves to sleep and is extremely lazy. By sleeping, he refills his HP during battle.
- Color: White
- Condition: Mario can win by attacking as fast as he can, since Beef Cloud refills his HP constantly.
- The Hooraw's name is a pun of the word "hoorah" which signals excitement.
- The Beef-Off's Hooraws, Smoldergeist, Wiggly, and Popple are the only bosses in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team that does not have an X form.
- For some reason, the disciples and Massif brothers do not say 'hoo' within their sentences despite being Hooskis.
- Unlike many side characters, the disciples are not able to be seen or found after the area is finished.
- The emotions of the Hooraws are the vibes seen in Super Princess Peach.
- Joy for Heavy Zest
- Rage for Thunder Sass
- Gloom for Sorrow Fist
- Calm for Beef Cloud