Want to barrel?
Bink, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Barrel, or Barrel Game, is a minigame in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and it’s remake, and it’s remake. It takes place in the S.S. Chuckola. When Mario and Luigi try to go in the room with a Beanstar piece, a S.S. Chuckola Crew member says they can’t get in without a Membership Card. In another room, a skeleton named Bink offers them a job of pushing barrels, as a minigame. The minigame has a 6x6 grid of red and blue barrels. The objective is to slide the barrels so that an entire row or column is only one color, with the time limit of three minutes. When an entire line is cleared, the brothers earn one point, and can earn more points for each additional line cleared, with four points for two lines, and eight points for three lines, and even sixteen for four lines. After completion, Bink rewards the bros. with a Membership Card and 1-9 Hee Beans.
The player uses left and right to move Mario, and up and down to move Luigi. To slide the barrels, while holding the A button, the player pushes left and right to move Mario's columns, and up and down to move Luigi's rows.
Hee Beans rewarded (GBA)
|10||1 Hee Bean|
|11-14||2 Hee Beans|
|15-19||3 Hee Beans|
|20-24||5 Hee Beans|
|25-29||7 Hee Beans|
|30-34||8 Hee Beans|
|35+||9 Hee Beans|
Hee Beans rewarded (3DS)
|10-15||3 Hee Beans|
|16-21||4 Hee Beans|
|22-27||5 Hee Beans|
|28-34||6 Hee Beans|
|35+||9 Hee Beans|
- The barrels are now decorated. Red barrels are decorated like red Chuckola Fruit and blue barrels are decorated like skeleton faces.
- The blueish color of the machine is now gray.
- Bink has been completely changed from a Donkey Kong skeleton to a crew member.
- If the Mario Bros. score three lines at the same time, a small skeleton Chain Chomp will peek out from behind the crates on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- If the Mario Bros. score four lines at the same time, a small skeletal man resembling a Stalfos from The Legend of Zelda for the NES will peek out from behind the crates on the bottom-right corner of the screen.